Roll Cage Pictures

kevind

Dragway Regular
Jan 7, 2009
Whitley City KY
I would also like to know how to paint them and when welded to the frame how much more noise and vibration do You get? I'm thinking about putting one in My car but I drive it on the street alot.

bbc_cutty

Weekend Racer
sorry not the best pics, if you would like more ask and i will take better ones

randoms015-1.jpg

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Brian79 said:
ok, I have a 8 point cage and want to know where the rear down tubes need to be placed to properly tie in the frame/suspention? The car doesn't warrant a cage but one day it will and want it to be right. Safety now, Requirement later!

Do I bring them in through the speaker holes, cut through the trunk floor and run them staight down to the spring perch mounts? Saw the pics of Supe's car is that the right way cuz that's what I had in mind.

If Supe answers this, did you cut out the whole rearside panel in your car and if so do you still have the factory glass in or did you replace it with lexan. Trying to cut out as much useless stuff as I can!

I removed the big screw in cargo tray in the back of my wagon, didn't cut anything out of the very back. Rear windows are lexan. My rear bars are tied into the tops of the spring perches. My x-brace ties in right behind the upper control arm mounting points.

A

Anonymous

Lovemy1981Malibu said:
I hope this doesn't come across as a dumb question. How do you guys paint your roll bars/cages. I'm especially interested in areas around the top of the car and around welding areas? And if you take the headliner out. How do you get it back in?

My headliner is a two piece now , has a nice seem in the middle very clean looking , and pretty easy to install .

And here is some info on here what people are doing for paint .

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=76678

Silver Malibu

Daily Driver
Apr 6, 2007
rockford il
Does anyone have any pics when the cage was still in the process of getting put in?With sections of the floor were the bar connect to out?
I need a pic of the a-piller bars where they meet with the frame.Did you have to add material to the frame to have the bars run inward enough to close the door with the factory door panels on?
The cage i got is an s&w 10pt also need to know how to make the door bars clear the factory door panels.
Did you have to bend them slightly the clear the factory arm rest?

Thanks in advance guys
Keith

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts