seperate fuel system for nitrous?

Eldogg

Daily Driver
Oct 10, 2007
Gainesville, GA
One Big pump. I like to use the largest fuel lines possible because you never have to upgrade when your not as fast as you wanna be. (trust me you will want more)

A

Anonymous

Bigblockguy said:
With the $1.50+ per liter 91octane gas price out in my area it is actually cheaper for me to buy 55 gal drums of AV gas or vp114.

We got you on the 91(1.23L for now) but man are you getting a smoking deal on the VP.

As for the original question, the fuel cell up front is a good idea if you only run 91 the rest of the time.The nice part about it is easy to install and as mentioned the pump isn't fighting to motion of the car. If you plan on making more comp. later and have to run better fuel for the motor you may want to do the one big pump route now and be done with it.

I prefer two seperate systems. I run a an Areomotive A1000 for the motor and a Holley black for the nitrous side. I use C12 at the track and for the little street driving I do I just drain the tank and fill it with 93. I have used the Areomotive pump for both in the past with no problems.

tyster89

Dragway Regular
Apr 11, 2008
North of ST Louis MO 30 miles
Will a single Mallory 140 be enough to Y into for a plate system? 150 shot on a 489 w/ 10-1 comp.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
Not sure but seems small to me . I have a ( i think a 160 gph for the motor )and a 130-140 gph for the no2. Now that might be over kill but maybe its just insurance.

sdime89

Daily Driver
Feb 8, 2010
Marydel,MD
wat happens when you dont have enough fuel pressure? i have minimal nitrous expierience and want to get into it.

also i bought a sniper kit from a yard sale for 50 with bottle is it any good? wat hp will it do?

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
I have a mechanical 130 gph on my engine, and a 1 gal cell and Holley blue on my N20. Like was said before I can run 89 oct in my tank and the best race gas I can buy goes in my cell plus I don't have to listen to a loud *ss pump running all the time.

eldabo

Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
The motor goes lean not having the fuel it needs and thing get hurt ,burned up .

Ed Cannon

Pro Stocker
Jul 17, 2009
Johnson City Tn
eldabo said:
The motor goes lean not having the fuel it needs and thing get hurt ,burned up .
That wont happen, I used to run the engine and the N20 of the same mechanical pump.

gbodystuff

Amateur Racer
Mar 30, 2009
Iowa
200 shot is good for a mech. pump-no need to go crazy...yet. Liek it was said, you will want more-nitrous is like sex with a hot woman, a little is never enough. I built a 406 for use with a 750 shot Titan plate system and I welded a sump onto a new gas tank and ran two -10AN fittings to (2) Edelbrock pumps with internal bypasses. Then I switched from the braided just before the pumps to 1/2" aluminum line for both lines up to a firewall bulkhead bracket I made where the lines went into separate regulators, one for the motor, the other for the fuel solenoids. Reason being is that the motor is dialed in @ 8 psi while the fuel solenoid needs to be @ 10.5-11 if I go max on the jetting (#122's) and go for broke with the 750 shot. I keep them separate more for fine tuning....I'm gauge crazy though-I gotta see what every little thing is doing and why. I don't like the idea of one supply line operating two different regulation levels...doesn't make sense to me and once you get into high lvels of nitrous, it's usually suggested to run a dedicated system just for it...my guess it's to narrow down any small delivery problems so you discern whether it's lack of engine fuel or solenoid fuel if you happen to be running rich or lean on either end-again, fine tuning. Oh yeah, I have a 100 micron filter on the primary fuel line and a 10 micron filter on the secondary (solenoid) supply line...Aeromotive stuff. The trouble with used solenoids is you never know what kind of shape they are in-hopefully they haven't been run much and haven't had crap getting stuck inside of them. Outside of the bottle, used nitrous stuff imo is not a good idea to play with-just a headache waiting to happen.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts