Speedo Question with 4L60E

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
102_0770.jpg

Sorry i never do take detailed photos, too busy making things work out. Its an electronic gauge, phantom series, and it was easy to program in the car, took about 3 minutes to do, thats with the driving of two miles ect. Good luck

t72ss402

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2007
Springfield, MO
Has anyone tried to use the new smaller truck gauges? I did some measuring and it looks like it would go right in place. A little messaging of course.

Now on you electric speedo(using after market or stock), does the computer retain the mileage? Does it display correctly or does it reset its self?

87SS-ZZ3

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2004
Pantego, NC
t72ss402 said:
Has anyone tried to use the new smaller truck gauges? I did some measuring and it looks like it would go right in place. A little messaging of course.

Now on you electric speedo(using after market or stock), does the computer retain the mileage? Does it display correctly or does it reset its self?

I gave some thought to new model clusters. The problem is most clusters require a data link for communication and not hard wired from the senders. Some clusters will work electrically, just need to see if they will fit the space. I thought about the 96-00 CK trucks cluster

t72ss402

Amateur Racer
Aug 12, 2007
Springfield, MO
The ones that iwas thinking of are '06-'07 or newer. The package that has the round gauges.

These get there signal from the cars computer right? Tell me if I am wrong but I thought it was part of the wire harness from the computer.

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
When I installed mine, it read zero, after calibrating it (driving it exactly two miles on the highway) it read the right speed and the mileage started at the bottom. It lets me start the life of the engine with the life of the car :D...plus theres a place for two different mileage memories...one to use to find my average MPG and one to watch for when its time to change the oil

HTH

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts