SSM Lift-Bar Control Arm Question

84Monte

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2004
Texas
www.freewebs.com
johnnycarlo said:
I have my SSM lowers and a set of stock lowers in my shop.I can let you know if they measure the same center to center in the morning.
That would help out big-time! Im curious to know how they compare.

Robert1320 said:
You are footbraking? A transbrake is going to be needed to hit you chassis harder if you want to get better 60's.
It shouldn't matter if you use a transbrake or footbraking to get the best 60ft. At least that's what I been told... from people that have a transbrake.

Jayz81ss said:
My Monte came with the ssm bars and it didn't have the brackets on it. They were mounted in the stock holes. The problem I found was that the instant center was way off. I fabbed up my own brackets similar to the ssm ones to relocate the arms to move my IC.
That good to know, they work without the brackets. Im sure it changes the IC... it may put it further back or forward. It's just something Im going have to find out myself. Im going in the garage today to work on it.

Thanks everyone for your input.

-Mark

84Monte

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2004
Texas
www.freewebs.com
I just finished relocating the LCA to factory bolt holes. They fit well, and didn't have any problems. I guess I won't know how well it works until I go back to the track... hopefully by the holidays?!?!

thaxs

Silver Malibu

Daily Driver
Apr 6, 2007
rockford il
so were you at the track yet?A buddy of mine has a similar sus. set up and i just wanted to relay this info to him.We were thinking about taking off the bracket also as some one said earlier in the tread the ssm w/brackets and a ARB seem to clash.

Thanks
Keith

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
84Monte[quote="Robert1320 said:
You are footbraking? A transbrake is going to be needed to hit you chassis harder if you want to get better 60's.
It shouldn't matter if you use a transbrake or footbraking to get the best 60ft. At least that's what I been told... from people that have a transbrake.

-Mark[/quote]

It's all about load and shock. You may not be shocking the tires hard enought to leave any faster.
A transbrake WILL 60 ft better than footbraking anyday.

iwannawheelie

Amateur Racer
Jan 11, 2008
CT
Robert1320 said:
84Monte[quote="Robert1320 said:

-Mark

It's all about load and shock. You may not be shocking the tires hard enought to leave any faster.
A transbrake WILL 60 ft better than footbraking anyday.[/quote]

x2 on that

Goob

Top Fueler
Jun 6, 2003
Indianapolis
You need more stall RPM's if you want to get down in the 1.30's

84Monte

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2004
Texas
www.freewebs.com
Silver Malibu said:
so were you at the track yet?A buddy of mine has a similar sus. set up and i just wanted to relay this info to him.We were thinking about taking off the bracket also as some one said earlier in the tread the ssm w/brackets and a ARB seem to clash.

Thanks
Keith

Keith, no I haven't. It will be early next year (after the holidays) till I get around going back to the track again.

MYMONTECARLO

Weekend Racer
Nov 7, 2008
CINCINNATI,OHIO
Yes,wondering if you tried your set-up at the track,i also have southsides and wondering if that worked for you..i have everything your running,but i have moroso trick springs in rear ,going to be running nitros also,just hoped it worked for you..

84Monte

Amateur Racer
Jul 2, 2004
Texas
www.freewebs.com
Yes, it helped. The tires doesn't hit as hard before. It's leaving pretty good. I made only one clean pass this year. Now the TH400 2nd gear is slipping, so it will be awhile when I get back at the track. ](*,)

Here is the only video I have this year, footbrake, 1.45 60ft spinning to the 330 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACEiPT9YHQ

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts