SSM vs TRZ

k9

Dragway Regular
May 22, 2003
CHICAGO
My question is not is SSM bars better! My question is......I still have SSM bars on my car and I want to know if I just switch out the SSM bars to a set of TRZ tublular lowers will I notice a difference right away? I alread have uppers.

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
i would imagine so. but it may not be for the better. if you have a soft launch now the ssm may be helping. straight lowers would ultimately work best when setup properly. at least thats my experience.

red barn

Frequent Racer
Mar 5, 2007
Syracuse, NY
Are the SSM's in the stock location or are you using them as lift bars?

If they are in the stock location, then unless you have an alignment issue or bind in the SSM's I wouldn't think you wouldn't see a difference between them and the TRZ's.

If they are being used as lift bars, it will depend on HP and IC points. Lower power cars like the lift bars, higher HP cars tend to hit the tire too hard and unload with lift bars.

If you have an A-body 12 bolt where the ears are closer to the housing, getting rid of the lift bars may actually hurt you because of the poor upper arm angle.

Not really answering your question, but there are a lot of variables.

If I ever figure out how to make an A body 12 bolt really work in a G body with my limited budget, I will share the info!!!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts