ssm lower control arm question

1bad_montecarlo

Frequent Racer
Jan 17, 2004
Michigan
www.maliburacing.com
I have a question.... I am looking at buying a set of ssm lift arms for my 85 monte. The only issue i am not certian about is i have a 9 inch in the back that already has adjustment holes for the lower control arm. so i am wondering if i can use just the arms and not the relocating brackets that come with the arms?? Let me know i appreciate it, Wayner

Time Warp

Dragway Regular
Nov 1, 2006
Titusville , Florida
Just my thought .. SSM bars are not factory length and the brackets when mounted are not directly below the factory hole (atleast the ones on the old monte here wasn't ) you can probally make out what i mean in this pic below. We didn't have ajustable holes on the 9 inch in the monte , but when we considered not using the brackets we measured and the rear end housing would rotate alot due to the extra length of the ssm bars . With adjustable holes in your brackets now , that may allow a little less rotating the rear housing but i still think it would get your pinion angle a good bit out of wack .
If you do get them thou i would just set the mounts ( with the kit ) up to what you have and you'll see a difference .

DSC03119.jpg

1bad_montecarlo

Frequent Racer
Jan 17, 2004
Michigan
www.maliburacing.com
i do see what your saying. will the length of that arm put my center line of the axle out of the center of the wheelwell? i do have adjustable uppers for the car so i could adjust the pinion angle. i think im going to just pass on the ssm bars and just put a good set of aftermarket tubular lowers. thanks,wayner

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts