Stall?

bowtie81

Mar 28, 2008
sarnia, ontario canada
These cams are for 6-71 and bigger blowers, the small blowers like i have need the 112-114 lobe seperation. Couldn't remember where i seen it, took me awhile to find it.
http://www.blowerdriveservice.com/bcamspecs.php

AThorpe

Weekend Racer
Mar 3, 2009
Holden, MA
they all have bigger lift and duration on the exhaust side so ill just have to put 1.6 rockers on exhaust and 1.5 on the intake.
called hughes again and i asked how much would adding a super charger raise the current stall converter i have. I said for an example, im pretty sure it stalled at 3100 with hughes gm 30 3000 stall with 450hp Naturaly aspirated. They said it would only increase by 500rpms so id be at 3600.

A single pattern cam works very well with a supercharger. A 110 LSA is as tight as you ever want to go with a supercharger. Your cam may not be ideal, but will still work well with your combination. You'll have more to gain in horsepower and torque by installing 1.6 rockers on the intake instead of the exhaust if you're looking to change rocker ratio.

You need to use a GM35-HD-BB torque converter. This is a special-built unit for applications such as yours. The converter is normally rated at 3,500 RPM of stall speed. However, the "BB" designation provides for a different stator compared to the standard GM35, which will help tighten up the converter a bit for power adder applications. This unit should provide 3,100-3,300 RPM of stall speed for your combination, and will be ideal for both street and track use.

Normal pricing on this unit is $543.25. I would recommend adding anti-ballooning plates to the converter as well for increased durability with the supercharged engine. Anti-ballooning plates cost $47.25 each. You'll need two, so that would bring the total on the converter to $637.75. If you're interested, give me a call and I'll see about getting you a Malibu Racing member discount. Please note, you have to ask for me (Pete) to get the deal. Thanks!

Pete Nichols
800-274-7223, ext. 209
602-889-3621
[email protected]

AThorpe

Weekend Racer
Mar 3, 2009
Holden, MA
Thank you for the input!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts