sticky 17's?

Blake Carstensen

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Kelowna B.C Canada
www.cardomain.com
anyone recomend any brand or style of tire for 17's I can fit a 275/40/17 no problem on the back, as well as a 285, but its quite odd ball and more money.

I was thinking the 17" et street, however thats a 11.5 tire

i was also looking at the nitto drag radials.

keep in mind I have a 7.5" rear end is there somethign which might be toooo sticky? I just have some worn out tires on the back, and its a little too hairy

A

Anonymous

I've had good luck out of my Nitto's although you have a little more motor than I do. I have their NT 555 zr's, 275/40/17's on the back. I have heard alot of good things about their drag radials, never tried them though.

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
May as well use the Nitto and keep it more street friendly. The actual tire compound/design will make minimal difference. You've got no sidewall to wrinkle, so you're going to spin no matter what you use.

A

Anonymous

A freind of mine has gone 1.59 on 315/35/17 Nitto drag radials. That size doesn't fit a g body unless the frame is notched. A 275/40/17 MT radial will fit no problem.

nastynavy

Frequent Racer
Dec 17, 2004
Lafayette, IN
Street driving quite a bit I would suggest the Nitto's. As Supe said you will have problems hooking up anything perfect but the Nitto's don't do bad and they seem to last longer than the other drag radials which is a plus :)

A

Anonymous

What backspacing to run this size tire.Get trying to get info for my future tire rim purchase.Front and back please!

nastynavy

Frequent Racer
Dec 17, 2004
Lafayette, IN
My brother has smoothie II's 17" X 8" at all four corners with 4" backspacing. The front tires are 245/45/17's and the rears are 275/40/17's. They seem to fit just fine on his regal. I will try to get some pics this week sometime.

Killermalibu

May 29, 2003
Litchfield NH
www.instagram.com
as there is always one with an opposing opinion... :lol: I have never seen a car hook as well with a 17" nitto as someone has with a 15" MT or BFG or Hoosier. I watched a kid in a mustang with the nitto drags and a mild 302 burn those tires up trying to get a good launch before. JMO

nastynavy

Frequent Racer
Dec 17, 2004
Lafayette, IN
Killermalibu said:
as there is always one with an opposing opinion... :lol: I have never seen a car hook as well with a 17" nitto as someone has with a 15" MT or BFG or Hoosier. I watched a kid in a mustang with the nitto drags and a mild 302 burn those tires up trying to get a good launch before. JMO
I agree with you 100% there.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!