sticky street tires

Killermalibu

May 29, 2003
Litchfield NH
www.instagram.com
What size are we talking? I'd say my Toyo's on my Malibu are pretty sticky. But I'm sure there are others that have more grip to them.

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
I want a tire thats good wearing for the street but does the best of the street tires on the strip.
size around 275/50/15 or 275/60/15

c_unitproductions

Daily Driver
Jun 12, 2007
haines city,fl
a friend of mine has mickey thompson drag radials on a 93ishfirebird and put it on the bumper and drives it everyday. i also read an article about the m/ d/r and they were trying to ban them from the d/r competition because they were gaining one to three tenths faster et's over the other tires.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
c_unitproductions said:
a friend of mine has mickey thompson drag radials on a 93ishfirebird and put it on the bumper and drives it everyday. i also read an article about the m/ d/r and they were trying to ban them from the d/r competition because they were gaining one to three tenths faster et's over the other tires.

If it is a D/R tire the "other tire" running slow pokes need to jump on the band wagon instead of banning the tire. TIMES ARE CHANGING

If you can gain a few tenths from a tire that is in your class, YOU WOULD DO IT RIGHT?

A

Anonymous

Robert1320 said:
The biggest problem is the street is not sticky enough.

I think ours hooks better then our local track does. Track bite is not only for the track.

built

Dragway Regular
Apr 15, 2005
ohio
my question is , whats the best street tire for the track.
I know there are street legal dot tires but they wear out way fast with everyday driving.
whats the best compromise for street tires instead of buying a strip set and a everyday street set too.

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
What do you do most, drive street or drag strip? Robert1320 has a good point, get a GOOD drag slick to maximize your traction where it is needed. You don't need to show your muscle on the street do you? :twisted: A good dual purpose tire WILL wear out fast, not really any way around it. 8)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!