Suspension questions poly or OEM

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Poly turning to mush isn't an opinion. It's a fact. It's jelly, plain and simple & it will degrade. Alll the honest manufacturers will tell you straight out that poly is a "replace as needed" product. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutley fine in limited usage/race applications. I just can't recommend it for daily drivers. Show me one OEM vehicle with poly suspension bushings...

Tommy

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks for all the replies guys. I ordered an OEM kit from PST today. If the car rides hard when I get it back on the road I'll know its from the Hotchkis set in the rear.

6spdmalibu

Amateur Racer
Jun 25, 2009
Vancouver BC
If you want a good ride stick with OEM bushings front/rear. Use stock springs with a half coil cut and re flattened on the cut side if you want a lower stance. If not leave springs alone. Stock body bushings and comfortable seats. Match with some stiffer sway bars if you want less body roll and bobs your uncle.
Back pain and fatigue from long drives should be improved. Poly/graphite bushings are NFG in suspension. They bind and squeak and have a bad ride for street applications IMHO.
Also look into strengthening your core muscles to help support your back.
My last 0.02 of the year and hope it helps.
Happy new year!

Mike

Pro Stocker
May 27, 2003
New York
Thanks for the advice, for the suspension AND the back. Sad to say I can do the car but not the back. Its a cervical spine problem not lumbar. 4 blown discs. Been dealing with it for a few years and its just slowly getting worse. I guess its just a matter of time before I have to go under the knife. Not looking forward to that. I just want to get my car on the road before it hits the fan.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts