They are here: NEW G-BODY SUSPENSION KITS

A

Anonymous

Count me in for an upper kit. I will finally be able to make my Regal 8.8 swap hook. Some of you may have seen my swap over on www.theturboforums.com on my 86 Regal. Kevin contacted me about my swap and he plotted the geometry to see where I stood with the kit TRZ sold me. Basically it was not good. The ic point was behind the car. Kevin has been awesome the whole time I have dealt with him and he will definitely be getting the nod for any suspension related purchase in my future

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
I'm sure interest will pick up once someone posts a detailed How-To article on the swap. I know I would like to hear from others regarding how well their cars hook up after the install and from the daily drivers, how much they notice not having a swaybar.

Maybe a free kit to the MR.com founder's project car would be enough to entice him to switch out the rear end of his father/son project car for a Ford 8.8". Just make it a condition of the donation that he installs it and post a write up within an agreed upon timeframe. ;)

83LSWagon

Frequent Racer
Aug 27, 2008
Spring Hill, FL
This is a bolt in kit correct? I'm just thinking it may be worth it for the 8.8 swap.

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
83LSWagon said:
This is a bolt in kit correct? I'm just thinking it may be worth it for the 8.8 swap.
Yes, it is. Naturally the buckets can be welded to the frame if someone wants to do that but it's designed as a bolt-in kit.

KS

Cutlass3800

Amateur Racer
May 4, 2009
Medicine Hat, Alberta
KEVINS said:
83LSWagon said:
Yes, it is. Naturally the buckets can be welded to the frame if someone wants to do that but it's designed as a bolt-in kit.

KS
What changes have to be made to the 8.8" rear end (assuming it came out of a mustang)? Relocate spring perches & shock mounts? How do you adapt the brake lines? What driveshaft and u-joint changes would be necessary?

KEVINS

Amateur Racer
Cutlass3800 said:
What changes have to be made to the 8.8" rear end (assuming it came out of a mustang)? Relocate spring perches & shock mounts? How do you adapt the brake lines? What driveshaft and u-joint changes would be necessary?
Sorry, I have no clue.
Topher455 above has done the swap he would have information on what is involved.

KS

dvanhorn

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2009
Granite Falls, NC 28630
I have a 83 mustang 8.8 rearend in my malibu now. Have to use lower control arms with rod type ends. Cut the spring perches off the 7.5 and welded them on the 8.8. I used adjustable mustang uca's with spherical rear bushings ( bushings were used to correct the angle of the mounting ears). With this setup the IC is behinde the car causing it to dip under hard braking, not to mention not hooking up. The shocks mounted back on the 8.8 with the mounting studs in the lowest hole on the lca mounting braket. The brake line off the malibu bolted right up to the wheel cylenders on the 8.8 ( I did have to pull it to reach)DO NOT know about disk brakes. I have ordered a kit from Kevin yesterday to correct the uca angle. Strange makes a pinion yoke that is for a 1350 u-joint. Used the same driveshaft just changed the u-joint The only welding was spring perches. So yes this is almost a complete bolt in. All welding can be done with a wire welder.

dvanhorn

Amateur Racer
Jan 13, 2009
Granite Falls, NC 28630
My 8.8 kit just arrived looks like there is everything needed to install. Hope to get started on the install later today or in the morning. Will update later.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts