tubular a arms

xfullthrottlex

Daily Driver
Aug 29, 2010
Hey Guys,

I recently traded for a pair of upper tubular a arms for my 78 el camino. I don't know much about tubular a arms or a arms in general. I traded a cam and lifter kit for it. I want to know if I have to change out the stock brakes in order to use them. I'm not sure what brand they are but I can post pictures tomm (at work now.) Also, I have every intention on buying lower tubular a arms... any suggestions for the best brand? Could I still use my stockers or is that a big No!

Thanks for any and all help!

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Depends on which arms you got. The Hotchkis and Global West upper arms REQUIRE B-body spindle and larger brakes. The Speedway arms can be either stock or b-body style depending on which was ordered (they make both in other words)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
StreetBu said:
Depends on which arms you got. The Hotchkis and Global West upper arms REQUIRE B-body spindle and larger brakes. The Speedway arms can be either stock or b-body style depending on which was ordered (they make both in other words)

GW offers 3 different upper arms & only one requires B-body spindles. The first two work with completely stock front ends: G-plus is for stock front end components (good for street/strip) TLC (for drag only). The one that requires B-body spindles is the Negative Roll (improved handling & bigger brakes).

Tommy

xfullthrottlex

Daily Driver
Aug 29, 2010
ill have to get some pictures posted... i recieved them in a trade but I have no idea what brand they are (or if they even fit g bodies)

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Thanks for catching that Tommy!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts