turbo el camino vid

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
try to find a brodix casting, even their old junk is better than most other castings. also check with doug herbert.......dont know what they are but couple of guys have had good luck with them, dont worry about the larger stroke on the 454. leave it be and boost the hell out of it.the more you bore it the less meat between the cylinders. spend your cash of really good pistons, rods and valvetrain parts.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
mine is running great, AFR is a bit rich, 10.9 , Im working on my wastegate issue still. I can get 4-5 psi but then it goes to 2ish. I put a fiberglass sock on the wastegate exit and as soon as it starts building boost it opens (blows the sock off, only way I could physically see if its opening!) so Im thinking i need more spring pressure, If i want 5psi at the intake I may need to have 10psi or higher at the turbo because of the pressure lose.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
sounds like its coming along. 4010 holley is finally coming around on mine. so far I'm at 66 jets in the front with a 6.5 pv, rear is at 74 jets no pv. accel. pump cam is the 50cc dark red on the first hole. had a cheapo hat spacer on it and it went bye- bye at 10lbs. of boost yesterday. ate a couple of straps off the plugs yesterday playing around. timing was way too high but got it coming back around.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
sorry for the long wait on the updates. front jet is 66 with 6.5 standard pv, rear is 78 with no pv. idles at 13.6 a/r. at 6 psi it runs clean at 13.4 a/r after that the pump doesn't supply enough pressure to keep up even with the bypass blocked off in the pump. running at 10 psi it leans out quick. ordered an a1000 pump and reg. will send more info soon. btw at 6psi it will truck!!!!!

Robert1320

Pro Stocker
buschmec said:
sorry for the long wait on the updates. front jet is 66 with 6.5 standard pv, rear is 78 with no pv. idles at 13.6 a/r. at 6 psi it runs clean at 13.4 a/r after that the pump doesn't supply enough pressure to keep up even with the bypass blocked off in the pump. running at 10 psi it leans out quick. ordered an a1000 pump and reg. will send more info soon. btw at 6psi it will truck!!!!!

13.4 with boost is scary lean. Get the A1000 on there before something gets hurt.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
yep working that way, no sign on the plug of any issue but the o2 tells all. guy that owns the dyno keeps getting sent to california, just waiting for a break in his time.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
455_82malibu said:
dyno but the converter is toast

http://maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=96982
Nice what kind of numbers did it run and do like the turbo better than you bottle

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts