Pro Stocker
Aug 10, 2006
Mobile,Alabama
very cool lets see some street video or track runs

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
finished new fuel system yesterday, also check out the carcraft cover story on an ebay turbo build.......592 to the tires with t4/t3 hybrids!!!!! (on a stock style 355)

Bigbrute

Daily Driver
Mar 4, 2011
cincinnati ohio
hey how is it going im bring this back up from the dead . i am looking at doing a similar build to buschmec, i have a 80 monte converted to a 4speed with a 9in . the car has a 355 with pro comp heads an 510 cam an performer rpm an 600 holley. was a daily driver till i tore it a part to do the rear suspension an 9in swap lol. i have a 327 im building was curious how the motor work out i have been looking at the gt45 an ebay headers to build a hot side set up . would like to know hp nums an et times if u still have them . thanks
an im doing a e85 swap for next season

vht

Daily Driver
May 20, 2013
Have you all checked out VS racing? You can buy the Denmah special for $865 or close to that. Turbo, inter cooler, lines, and a bunch of stuff. It's the GT45, 1 of them anyway. Denmah, I hope I'm spelling his name right, has a lot of builds on Sloppy Mechanics he does on the cheap. Most make good HP. VS has got a lot of good stuff.

BuWaGone

Amateur Racer
May 22, 2003
Hawaii
vht said:
Have you all checked out VS racing? You can buy the Denmah special for $865 or close to that. Turbo, inter cooler, lines, and a bunch of stuff. It's the GT45, 1 of them anyway. Denmah, I hope I'm spelling his name right, has a lot of builds on Sloppy Mechanics he does on the cheap. Most make good HP. VS has got a lot of good stuff.

I have that kit sitting in my living room! Just waiting to get together all the parts for my fuel system, ignition, cooling and hotside pieces.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
quick update, I tore the car down to do a few upgrades and went to a nitrous combo (grudge/ultimate street). Kit / engine ended up being used in a bog truck and was good till the block cracked over the winter from the deep freeze. The gt45 y2004k with the 1.05 exhaust housing is a tough little turbo and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another but the car evolved into a monster since that video was taken (that was literally the first startup with that carb/turbo setup). New version of the car will not be street legal.....

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!