turbo el camino vid

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
buschmec said:
if your refering to mine, I like to use 1/4" hard plastic brake line for semi truck air brake system, fairly heat resistent and wont collapse at all. your local rubber hose/ fitting companys should be a source.
that is a great idea to never ever thought of that where do get these idea's from lol. :-k

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
noo oil restricter. no time to drive it either just got back from adrl in valdosta, chased my butt for two days trying to tune our promod to run on 10.5's, got a 4.66 at 164 then had to tune it up to run gary white and killed the tires, driver pedaled but gary white was on a 4.05 pass. will get back on mine later this week.

455_82malibu

Pro Stocker
May 19, 2006
WISCONSIN
buschmec said:
noo oil restricter. no time to drive it either just got back from adrl in valdosta, chased my butt for two days trying to tune our promod to run on 10.5's, got a 4.66 at 164 then had to tune it up to run gary white and killed the tires, driver pedaled but gary white was on a 4.05 pass. will get back on mine later this week.
nice!!!

I like mine, but one problem, I have the Wynton 4-7 psi wastegate, I get about 4psi then it starts to fall to almost nothing, Im thinking the spring is just too light to hold it shut as the Rpms increase....any ideas?

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
add a tube to the top of the wastegate (top port) and use a controlled air leak to back it down. you dont have to buy a boost controller just use a small plastic swing valve ( like a water shutoff valve for a refrigerator)also check for leaks, and check your bov. you might be pushing it open if set up too soft.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
hey buschmec any up dates and how is your build coming along 455-82malibu

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
been working on the rear of the car updating tires and suspension. been driving it some but nothing to note that matters. tuning is coming along and drivability is getting better. will post some updates on tires and susp. soon. hows yours.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
oh it is coming along slow lol i got the big block bug really bad sold all my small block stuff and picked up a late 70's 454 casting #959 so i will be trying to twin turbo this i think i am going to try and run twin 45's since i already have one haha really thinking of punching the block out to a 496 but dont know what heads to get any ideas thinking brodix bb2's. hane you heard any thing about the ebay bbc heads pro comp or some thing?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!