turbo el camino vid

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
from bteracing.com a long time ago. they don't show on the website but they might still have them if you call. still no data yet, we just got back from sgmp for the ortc race and dang there is some power out there right now. david wolf on 315 radial went 4.44 at 175. bowman went 4.96 on a 275!!!

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
I read on the turbo forum that the secret to getting them to last is to take them apart and clean them out before you use them. How far do you have to tear them down to get them cleaned out well enough? I have wanted to do a twin turbo setup for some time, but cost has been an issue. These things may be the answer to my being able to get that done. Twins on a 496 would be fun. \:D/

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
pulled compressor side and exaust side off (had to clock them into position anyway) and blew out the oil holes with an air gun, never had any trash come out but it's a good idea even on high end turbos to do it. these on a big engine would be sick. by the way, don't put 100ftlbs. of torque on the housing bolts. it can cause them to warp. about 30lbs (good snug with a rachet) is all it takes

alowerlevel

Frequent Racer
May 30, 2008
South Jersey 08109
See this over on TTF and thought it would help you guys figure out the V bands (theres a good link in there about how to measure them) http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=138014.0

Al

Pro Stocker
May 25, 2003
Harker Heights, TX
buschmec said:
these on a big engine would be sick.

That little Nova on the turbo forums with a 468 and two of these turboes is really making me think I need to do this. I think he said he running 9.20s now.

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
went around the streets some today, tuned a little more. it's getting better all the time but still working on the tune-up. damn thing has a serious traction problem even a partial throttle.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
buschmec said:
went around the streets some today, tuned a little more. it's getting better all the time but still working on the tune-up. #### thing has a serious traction problem even a partial throttle.
nice buschmec are you running slicks or drag radials when it is having traction problems

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
slicks, yeah they suck on the street anyway.put pv back in yesterday, dropped secondary jet back and its alot better.

siege

Amateur Racer
Oct 6, 2009
nice so how is it doing compared to your old nos setup dose it have more power

buschmec

Amateur Racer
Jul 7, 2003
panama city florida
feels softer but faster. power comes in smooth (but not wrecking the throttle) just rolling into it in convenient places :-$

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts