What did U do to your G-body today??

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Took the headliner board out of the el camino...only one corner from the driver's side sun visor was cracked off not bad compared to when I took the one out of the malibu...that one came out in pieces lol...also found the build sheet

80Grand_LeMans

Dragway Regular
Jun 4, 2008
Peabody MA
Fixed the stripped bolt holes for the water outlet, installed new outlet and 160* thermo, and installed my fenders. Realized I have to raise up my core support because the hockey pucks aren't tall enough :mrgreen: got two more just now for saturday 8)

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
First coat of LizardSkin Sound Control, few more to go and then thermal barrier

photo1-16.jpg

photo2-16.jpg

photo3-12.jpg

photo4-9.jpg

The new motor is ready for the dyno

photo1-17.jpg

At Pat Musi Performance Engines (http://www.patmusiperformance.com/store/) where it will be put on a dyno next week

photo3-13.jpg

photo2-17.jpg

Chevy79bu

Amateur Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Peoria, Illinois
cleaning up some wireing, going to get it out and try and tune the carb a little for sunday track day!

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
That fresh rat motor with a stick flywheel looks good, in Pat Musi's shop no less!!!

Just buttoned up the 468/TH350 into my orange project Malibu.

Gotta' check the rear-end in another parts car, supposed to be a 4.10 posi...or its getting the 3.73 out of the dead Monte SS I bought off the shredder/smasher lot.

I see Baseline Suspension is no longer a sponsor....??!? I was planning on running an 8.8 that I snagged off of craigslist...hmmmm anyone else use their stuff?

lurchsmalibu

Top Fueler
Jun 5, 2005
Lakeland, Florida
Uncluttered it to move it onto a trailer for a trip across town to the other garage (moving). Then getting pics and parts together to sell it....... :cry:

I'll post the story behind my decision and info later on in a separate thread when I can turn loose of it. :(

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Doober said:
Nothing yet, but I looked at 'em! I'm in Michigan for an unknown amount of time so I may FINALLY make some progress on the '78!

Uh oh...... "Unknown amount of time" can only mean you'll be spending time in a correctional facility..... :shock:

On a more serious note, maybe you can get one of em ready to take out West????

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Brown_Gbody said:
Doober said:
Nothing yet, but I looked at 'em! I'm in Michigan for an unknown amount of time so I may FINALLY make some progress on the '78!

Uh oh...... "Unknown amount of time" can only mean you'll be spending time in a correctional facility..... :shock:

On a more serious note, maybe you can get one of em ready to take out West????
I typically haven't had the opportunity or funds in the same time frame, currrently I may have a little of both. My girlfriend and I came up for one of my childhood friends' weddings, and this upcoming semester both of our classes are online. She may fly back slightly sooner than me depending how long she wants to stay, and after that is probably when I would get some work done. The ultimate plan has always been to a)get the frame on the '78 fixed and painted (the current main hold up) and b)swap the drivetrain/suspension from the '81 to the '78. There are a couple things I would really like to do on the '78 before putting it all together, like the OE plumbing for EFI, but that's where the extra money comes in. We have more or less everything to fix/paint the frame, it's just been needing the time to do it.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts