What did U do to your G-body today??

The-ace:

Amateur Racer
May 25, 2012
Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
Took the frame to have rear tails welded :)

Malibu 361

Dragway Regular
Jan 11, 2007
Queens,NY
Recovered my rear seats and installed my D.R.E. engine diaper and my new door panels..

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
psychomotors said:
I bought a set of gears and carrier from what I "think" was a Camaro but am unsure. I have the questions about it posted in the "drivetrain" threads but like I said, nobody could agree to whether or not there was a real difference. A lot said there was no difference but Richmond sells a Powertrax for the 7 5/8 and the 7.5 and I was asking if anyone knew how to tell the carriers apart. All is good now with the parts I have and I no longer care,lol.

If you have a 7.5 and end up with a 7.625 (7 5/8) just swap the pinion bearing and races. It fits, been there, done that. The other change was moving to 28 spline axles (like the 8.5 GN and 1/2 ton trucks use) in or about 1988. T run 28 spline axles in a 7.5 you need the axles and spider gears or posi carrier.

Framedragger79

Frequent Racer
May 18, 2010
Fountain City, In
I dug out my core support gave it a good cleaning and sand blasting. I tried to clean up my ceramic coated headers to not alot of success and found my brake line brackets..cleaned and painted them too.

psychomotors

Dragway Regular
Mar 31, 2011
Bonne Terre, Mo
Bar50 said:
psychomotors said:
I bought a set of gears and carrier from what I "think" was a Camaro but am unsure. I have the questions about it posted in the "drivetrain" threads but like I said, nobody could agree to whether or not there was a real difference. A lot said there was no difference but Richmond sells a Powertrax for the 7 5/8 and the 7.5 and I was asking if anyone knew how to tell the carriers apart. All is good now with the parts I have and I no longer care,lol.

If you have a 7.5 and end up with a 7.625 (7 5/8) just swap the pinion bearing and races. It fits, been there, done that. The other change was moving to 28 spline axles (like the 8.5 GN and 1/2 ton trucks use) in or about 1988. T run 28 spline axles in a 7.5 you need the axles and spider gears or posi carrier.
I'm not going with the 28 spline axles. I had already bought my Mosers with 26 spline and had a mini spool but didn't want to use it. I bought a set of 3.73 gears and carrier with the minispool and thats when all the trouble started,lol. I now have all the pieces to put together a 7.5 with 3.73,moser axles and a Powertrax. I'm happy.

dwkohout

Frequent Racer
Sep 25, 2004
Albany,MN
Havent been to the track since fall of 2010. Ran ok but not close to best.

017-2.jpg

The-ace:

Amateur Racer
May 25, 2012
Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
I did some more stripping of the undercoating on the under carriage this part stinks!

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
Went to the track over the weekend. Car ran good, tire getting up in the air!
http://youtu.be/N0F6TdY-k28

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
LS6 Tommy said:
Well.............. I looked at Madge... Then I went out into the back yard & set up the 50 year old tractor sprinkler to water the lawn...

Yeah, I'm lame... But I love my "old toys" & I still have a REALLY tight budget...

Tommy
got any pictures?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts