Western,Ma
www.facebook.com
I got the body off the frame nd getting it welded this week

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
It looks like a car again! The nose is back on just need to get a few more parts I feel like a crack head calling my parts guy every morning!

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Doober said:
Oh, and I like your idea t5 :) I'm considering a spacer to move the shifter arm for mine to the center so I could use a console... I know abigda did something like that for his BBC/Muncie combo but I haven't seen any pics of what he did.
I don't know if a spacer will work will because the shifter stub will still be far to the left. On another shifter I had in my wagon, I used a shifter meant for a console and cut/welded the stub farther to the left. So, you need to cut off the stub, add a horizontal piece, and then weld on the stub locating the shifter towards the center. You will have to lose the floor hump if you use a console. I hope you can visualize what I am saying without pictures.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Well.............. I looked at Madge... Then I went out into the back yard & set up the 50 year old tractor sprinkler to water the lawn...

Yeah, I'm lame... But I love my "old toys" & I still have a REALLY tight budget...

Tommy

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
t5montecarlo said:
Black would work, too; I will have to give the color some more thought.
do what i do if you want to see what the black would look like,put one layer of electrical tape on it,that will give you an idea what it would look like

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
MISFITmalibu63 said:
i finished my plate for the gauges. its not perfect, but it was free (aside from the angle rings) and it works. i just need to install the temp sending unit in the transmission pan

IMG_3979.jpg

i also hit 45,000 miles in the wagon when my sister, her friend and I took Dad to Browns Lobster Pound for Fathers day. mom would have loved to go, but shes allergic to shellfish.

IMG_2621.jpg

i also located an 8.5" rear axle from a 56,000 mile GN for the wagon. going to pick it up on sunday. its 3.5 hrs away in vermont, so the GF is coming, and we'll spend the night camping in the Northern Kingdom
hmmm lobster..oh and the car stuff too.nice work

Mr. MaliBlu

Dragway Regular
Nov 3, 2004
Northeast CT
Looks good! Nothing like a big block under the hood of a Malibu. BTW...what's the part number for the craftsman heater delete plate? I didn't realize they made those. Everyones jumping on the G-Body aftermarket. :lol:

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
hell the tools arent that great anymore theyve gotta pick it up somewhere! i havent had time to cut my diamond plate one its getting there thats all that i care about its rusty its crusty but its got a bbc and its mine

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts