What did U do to your G-body today??

sleeper5976

Weekend Racer
Sep 1, 2011
Pulled the body to do the following: 1 inch frame notch, qa1 coilover conversion, trz arb, box frame, competition engineering driveshaft crossmember, double adj. iceman uppers and lowers, tnt aluminum body mounts, tnt aluminum bumper brackets, tnt uca & lca braces, umi a-arm kit, qa1 front coilovers, and possibly iceman core support.

009.jpg
011.jpg
015.jpg

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
Finally got to work on the BU Sunday,got the battery tray welder in the back on the pass. side and the kill switch mounted and welded in also.Made my own rod and lever with a small hime joint for the Cole H. switch with 4 lugs/ 2for the batt. 2 for the alt.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Them doggone leaks!!! It's good to see you're gettin' stuff done :) My 4-speed seems to be wet all over, but I'm nit sure if it actually leaks. Besides that I only have a very small drip from the oil pan plug on the engine.

I put the driveshaft in and my dad & I mounted/aligned the trunk lid. Something is up with the torsion springs and arms or somethin', the lid seems extremely hard to close, even though everything is installed identically to the '81. Started it & gave a little clutch... seems 1st and reverse work :) I also got the hood latch & battery tray painted and installed.

RatMalibu

Pro Stocker
May 21, 2003
Rolla, Mo.
www.fidnet.com
lol I bought the stuff I knew I would need 2 years ago...decided that if I keep putting it off it will never get done...good thing I pulled it out too, the pilot (used to be) bearing came out in a bunch of pieces....might have 6-700 miles on it since I put the 6-speed in and now I need to figure out how to get what's left of a bearing out of a expensive crank lol.....I'm going with the old standard bronze bushing this time....I'm just glad it didn't eat the input shaft on the trans

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
Nothing this week started cutting fire wood,might not be as lucky here this year as last year.We might be freezing our buts off this winter,And besides I have radiant heat in my garage floor,fed by an outside wood burning boiler,Great to lie on a nice warm floor in the winter working on the car. Work on the car on rainy days.

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Mounted the radiator, plumbed the trans cooler and wired a bunch of stuff. Slowly but surely

sprorx7

Frequent Racer
Sep 3, 2011
bluff city tennessee
lastnight fixed a busted fuel line. then moved the race car to i could get the malibu in the garage and started fixing the exhaust and add the flowmaster. may get to finish it today!!!!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts