What did U do to your G-body today??

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Sadly, I 'm paying my local hot rod shop to replace all the body mounts on my Bu. Hate to do stuff like that, but I'd rather spend time with my kids while they're young. I'll swallow my pride on this one, because apparently, most of the bolts were so rotted, they had to open the trunk up, weld in new nuts, and reweld the floor, seam seal it, then undercoat. With as much time as I get in the garage nowadays, I'd still be working on this through the winter! :lol:
They do great work, so no doubt it's worth it in the long run.
Over the winter, I plan on removing the dash, and completely rewiring the car front to back with a Painless harness. That I can handle :lol:

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
MUSCLEALMIGHTY said:
Wicked 6 said:
Sat in it and made a list of things I need to do to it lol

THAT'S A START! THAT QTR NEEDS A FIXIN!!!

It sure does...was going to register it today but ****ing dmv closed at 12:30 today and are closed tomorrow and monday because of the holiday. :evil:

Wicked 6

Dragway Regular
Feb 8, 2006
Ansonia, CT
Washed it and decided to take it out for a spin. Took my son to Mcds and then stopped at the gas station to then head to a local car show and went to start it and the brand new starter took a dump. Took it down it had some metal shavings from the flywheel but nothing seems to be broken going to shim it and see what happens.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
got the other side of the notch knocked out and took out the old 7.5 to get ready for the QP 9" I'm gonna order next week!
20121005_171412.jpg

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
malicad said:
Sadly, I 'm paying my local hot rod shop to replace all the body mounts on my Bu. Hate to do stuff like that, but I'd rather spend time with my kids while they're young. I'll swallow my pride on this one, because apparently, most of the bolts were so rotted, they had to open the trunk up, weld in new nuts, and reweld the floor, seam seal it, then undercoat. With as much time as I get in the garage nowadays, I'd still be working on this through the winter! :lol:
They do great work, so no doubt it's worth it in the long run.
Over the winter, I plan on removing the dash, and completely rewiring the car front to back with a Painless harness. That I can handle :lol:

THERE AIN'T NO SHAME IN THAT MAN! I MYSELF, SOMETIMES THINK ABOUT HAVING SOMEONE ELSE DO IT. I HAVE NO DOUBT, IT'LL COME OUT RIGHT. GOOD LUCK MAN!!!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Wicked 6 said:
Washed it and decided to take it out for a spin. Took my son to Mcds and then stopped at the gas station to then head to a local car show and went to start it and the brand new starter took a dump. Took it down it had some metal shavings from the flywheel but nothing seems to be broken going to shim it and see what happens.

THAT SUCKS! MAYBE, YOU SHOUKD LOOK IN THE SUMMIT CATALOG, AND BUY SOME OUTTA THERE!!
GOOD THING, YOU'RE WERE CLOSE TO HOME...

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
SLICK78 said:
got the other side of the notch knocked out and took out the old 7.5 to get ready for the QP 9" I'm gonna order next week!
20121005_171412.jpg

OH SNAP! LOOKIN GOOD MAN!! IM JEALOUS -I WANT A QUICK PERFORMANCE REAR! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
HAD FUN DRIVING THE BU TO WORK. NOT SO MUCH, GOING HOME DUE TO STUPID *ss 84 TRAFFIC! TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY WITH MYSELF AND THE BU. I LOOKED AT IT (HAD TO GET REAQUAINTED) LONG AND HARD -I'VE DECIDED TO KEEP THE COLOR. ONCE I TINT THE WINDOWS, IT'LL TIE EVERYTHING TOGETHER. GETTING MY 5 INCH COWL SOON. CAN'T WAIT!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I'm anxious to get my '78 out here to AZ, I'll drive it every day. Wicked6 take a look at the replacement starters for Vortec.8 trucks (168 tooth) and LT1 cars (153 tooth). They're gear reduction, cost a little more than regular SBC starters but will likely last longer in the grand scheme of things.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!