What did U do to your G-body today??

The Roudy #3 4 ever

Amateur Racer
Jul 4, 2013
plummer idaho
replaced my junk summit pushrods with chromoly. A little background. Last winter changed to a retro hyd. roller setup and determined that 7.4 inch pushrods were perfect. Since i never go over 6k rpm and with fairly mild springs used summit brand pushrods that were supposed to be "hardened for use with guideplates". After about 55 passes and 900 street miles during a time run i heard a pop going from 2nd to 3rd. Limped back to pits and pulled valve covers, one p rod was folded over right at the contact spot with the guide plate. Every other p rod had some degree of damage. It didnt grind away, it pushed the metal back to where the contact stopped. Luckily lifters and cam werent damaged. All i can figure is a batch slipped through the heat treating process. The worst part was i didnt get any pts. for that race. As i am locked in a tight pts. battle for a berth in the race of champions. Which is being held at my home track, Spokane cty raceway, during the div. 6 ET Finals.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Dam that sux :( Hate when stuff isn't as advertised!

TTLSX418

Amateur Racer
Apr 23, 2013
Baton Rouge, La
Finishing touches on getting both turbos mounted up. Now just gotta do the harness, fuel lines, intercooler piping, turbo oil lines, waste gate lines... damn i don't want to keep going on...

twinsmounted_zps18e7b609.jpg

Firetruck1

Dragway Regular
Jan 3, 2013
Ocala Florida
I actually drive the thing! I have had it 6 months now and finally got the bug to start driving it. It just came back from getting a alignment at Firestone and everyone was amazed at how clean and nice it was. They were even more baffled by how much work I had done to a car I had not even bothered to drive.

Mike Allred

Amateur Racer
Feb 4, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
I installed QA1 no-hop bars to improve geometry on the rear suspension (A body 12 bolt). The car plants the tires firmly now with a moderate amount of rear suspension/body separation! 60' times went from 1.47 to 1.44 and explodes out of the hole! Best single suspension upgrade I've made by far!

sprorx7

Frequent Racer
Sep 3, 2011
bluff city tennessee
finally got it started last night first time since last october. when i pulled the motor. just got to finish the lose ends under the hood and do the 8.8 swap

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i pulled the a/c compressor,steering shaft and starter to get my headers out (what a treat)to have them coated,i touched up the trans from the ordeal.hope the effort is worth work,what a pain vs manifolds.

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Took mine to the track....disappointed :(

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts