concord, NC
I'm a week behind but got some hot rod black on my car

11144420_10206037160040737_6795768163081466239_n.jpg

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
78elk said:
I was putting body filler on quarter panel pass. side. Hope it's close. Put body filler on pillar to cover up sharp edges of new quarter panel.

Make sure to guide coat it and use at least a 12" block and it should turn out fine. My quarters n doors were shot and now straight as a arrow

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Been busting *ss trying to get this swap done. Bunch of dumb hurdles...and nickel and diming me

But the motor is in and runs. This 'perfectly' set Holley is not. But ill figure it out.

I still have to tidy things up and hook up the throttle and other things. Wire up my new gauges and then im doing a massive burnout....in my damn garage :twisted:

11698837_10153957854815278_1844295502850521823_o.jpg

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
malibuguy said:
I still have to tidy things up and hook up the throttle and other things. Wire up my new gauges and then im doing a massive burnout....in my #### garage :twisted:[quote
yea!! 8)

prairiehotrodder

Pro Stocker
Dec 17, 2005
Melfort Saskatchewan Canada
In the last week i've completely removed the fuel system and nitrous systems from my car. Sold it all locally for darn near what a new upgraded fuel system is going to cost me. That makes me happy because there isn't much cash outlay on top. That also helps me explain it all to my wife!!! Also learned how to degree my cam this week and its easier than i thought. My plan is to be the fastest guy in my town and beat all the guys who use nitrous just using all motor!! I ordered a new custom grind cam as well and i'm looking forward to what it will do for me.
Brian

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
malibuguy said:
Been busting ### trying to get this swap done. Bunch of dumb hurdles...and nickel and diming me

Is that an oil separator mounted to the left inner fender?

Do you have the PCV tapped into the brake booster line? Was there no port on the base of the carburetor or at the rear of the intake manifold?

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Correct. My set up is goofy. Carb has NO ports on it. So my brakes and pcv is running off the fitting on the backside of the intake. And i drilled and tapped the right side of the plenum to run the vacuum advance and vacuum switch for the converter lockup.

I got the can for free so I figured why not use it.

Today i got a 1/2 off so i drilled and mounted the throttle linkage and then hooked up the trans linkage and tidied up the wires and whatnot. Did a tiny burnout and turned the car around in the garage so i can work on the gauges tomorrow.

I should be driving her tomorrow night!!!

nillabu

Dragway Regular
May 16, 2008
St. Cloud, Minnesota
Hey malibuguy, next time your snappin pictures, take a shot of the converter lockup switch. I know some of these cars came with them and am curious how the factory setup worked (reliable or not) I ditched my aftermarket one and just control now with brake and dash mounted switches. Thanks! Nice work on the swap.

Steve

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
malibuguy said:
i drilled and tapped the right side of the plenum to run the vacuum advance

The vacuum advance should come from a port on the primary metering block; it should not experience manifold vacuum. I can't tell from your pictures whether you are already using that port for something else. There are really no ports on the side of the metering block? What carbureted application would not require a vacuum advance port?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts