What did U do to your G-body today??

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Did you use grease or the supplied "whale snot"? Imagine clear/whiteish grease but 20x thicker consistency....

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
StreetBu said:
Did you use grease or the supplied "whale snot"? Imagine clear/whiteish grease but 20x thicker consistency....

.......me?

I used Performance Suspension's grease.

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Sorry, no Slick78. Figure that might be his issue by using the wrong grease...

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
nope the grease that they come with

Ryche

Frequent Racer
Jul 28, 2007
Texas
Finished cleaning the carb.. again.. I flushed all the lines and got a new filters, and I keep getting trash in the carb.. I think I narrowed it down to the K&N lid... It hasnt been cleaned in forever.... Im thinking (hoping) there is loose dirt on it from sitting for a while.... and getting in through the vent tube... It happens every few days of driving..... I swapped out carbs from the Trans Am to the Monte, and see what happens....

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
thats what I did I used the grease that came in the box with the bushings per the manufactures instructions

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Slick78-did you torque the bolts down or just tighten them up with an impac? Overtightening will cause the bushings to squeak.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Impact what is the recomended torque value?

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
That would be your problem. But dont feel bad, I did the same thing when I did mine LOL You may have to reapply the "grease" too. Let me see if I can find the link.... http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82355

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts