What did U do to your G-body today??

shvrolay

Dragway Regular
StreetBu said:
That would be your problem. But dont feel bad, I did the same thing when I did mine LOL You may have to reapply the "grease" too. Let me see if I can find the link.... http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82355

.........and - the car's weight is supposed to be resting on the suspension/wheels when the bolts are torqued (according to the factory shop manual).

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
Awesome at this point I will try anything

but how would you take the upper arm apart to grease it with out messing up the bushings you have to drive at least one out to get the cross shaft out

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
DESPITE, GETTING MY BU BROKEN INTO LAST NIGHT (FOR A CHEAP *ss CAR RADIO), I BOUGHT THE BU, A PAIR OF REPLACEMENT FRAME RAILS!!!

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
OK, so as everybody saw, I lowered the monte last weekend. This weekend I went over and bought some "MB Vintage" rims. I like them because they are a litlte different. all four are 17x8 with a 4.5" backspacing. I need to buy myself a set of 1/2" spacers for the back because right now they rims are close to the frame on the rearend with the 255/50/17s and I'm planning on upgrading to 275/40/17s. All critisism or praise is welcome. Oh, the Vintage rims were discontinued last year, but they still have them available on Ebay. My old ones might be sold, but who knows :D So tell me what ya'll think

Old look
IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

New Look:
IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

464elcamino

Amateur Racer
Mar 28, 2010
alton illinois
Installed a set of 15x8 rallys on rear replacing the 15x7's. W 275/60's. Repainted front rallys, took out front spring boosters to lower front end back down, much better stance now with the bigger rear tires not to mention the better look of the width and fresh paint on the wheels. wash n wax.

Ryche

Frequent Racer
Jul 28, 2007
Texas
Just finished swapping the gear box and Power steering pump from my parts car to the one pictured below.. I installed the manual one back on the parts car (it still runs). Painted all everything real nice....lol. Now, I just need to go pick up the new power steering hoses, and belt, and I should be ready to go. Didnt want to use any of the old stuff, because everything else is new, and will stand out like a sore thumb...

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
Ryche said:
Just finished swapping the gear box and Power steering pump from my parts car to the one pictured below.. I installed the manual one back on the parts car (it still runs). Painted all everything real nice....lol. Now, I just need to go pick up the new power steering hoses, and belt, and I should be ready to go. Didnt want to use any of the old stuff, because everything else is new, and will stand out like a sore thumb...

MAN..THIS SURE IS A SEXY *ss CAR! YES...U DON'T WANT OLD PARTS ON THIS BEAUTY!! AT THAT POINT, IT WILL B AN EYESORE!!! I WANT IT!!!!!!

HOLY TERROR-BU

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2010
WATERBURY, CT
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK! THE NEW WHEELS, SURE GAVE THAT CAR, WHAT IT DESERVES -LIFE!! WITH THE OLD ONES, THE WHOLE BOTTOM (LOWER COLOR DOWN TO THE WHEELS) BLENDED TO THE GROUND! GOOD MOVE...IT MAKES THE WORLD OF DIFFERENCE!

BTW..WHATS THE NAME OF THAT GREEN? I BEEN SEARCHING FOR "THE RIGHT GREEN" FOR SOME TIME NOW. PLEASE PM ME WITH THE COLOR/BRAND!

blubaldmontess said:
OK, so as everybody saw, I lowered the monte last weekend. This weekend I went over and bought some "MB Vintage" rims. I like them because they are a litlte different. all four are 17x8 with a 4.5" backspacing. I need to buy myself a set of 1/2" spacers for the back because right now they rims are close to the frame on the rearend with the 255/50/17s and I'm planning on upgrading to 275/40/17s. All critisism or praise is welcome. Oh, the Vintage rims were discontinued last year, but they still have them available on Ebay. My old ones might be sold, but who knows :D So tell me what ya'll think

Old look
IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

New Look:
IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0063.jpg

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
The green is a mustang green (a sin I know!) from the late 90s early 00s, they called it electric green, its a flip pain, even though pictures don't show. Without sunshine, there aren't many problems, it just looks darker, and when the sunshine hits it, it brightens right up to a much lighter green. I'm trying to find a local photographer to get some pics with a good camera to capture the green, maybe someday...

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts