What did U do to your G-body today??

rpoudrier

Weekend Racer
Nov 29, 2008
mass
well, been a long day. first i let my dad borrow the car so i can take his truck, then he calls me and gives me a heart attack. "the front brakes are locked up and the engine is overheating." :evil: so i load my tools into the truck along with the floor jack and get ready to leave then he calls back an says "my fault, i flipped the wrong switch for the electric fan, i accidently flipped the switch for the line-lock." ( =D> good one dad)

then aparently my plug wires cooked on the headers so i bought a cheap set of wires to get me through for a bit and of course , they are not cut to fit so now i got spark plug wires going through my entire engine compartment. then i replaced the plugs, dialed in the timing and adjusted the carb. now the car is running mint again. \:D/

went to the first cruise night of the year with it tonight. everything went well.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
flatblack79 said:
SLICK78 said:
abigda said:
Took the Elky by the insurance appraisers, what a b*tch she was. "I need a records of every dime u have in it", well that's not gonna happen, didnt keep records of all the work I did myself, which is 99% LOL. Guess its back to the drawing board

NOpe but you can give her recipts for all the parts that jave gone into it

tell her to go to #### and get a new insurance agent

IMO, none better:

http://grundy.com/

Or

http://www.hagerty.com/

Tommy

Malibu355

Pro Stocker
Feb 21, 2009
La Marque, Texas
Painted mt new TNT driveshaft loop and plan to install today too dancin_banana.gif Then hopefully knock the cob webs off the jack stands and set the car back on hard ground.

78ricekiller

Weekend Racer
Nov 30, 2009
midwest
sanded it put some bondo in some spots and getting it ready for primer

Attachments

• bodywork.jpeg
    bodywork.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 2,301

jazzbo

Frequent Racer
Jan 20, 2008
Lebanon, Tn
Got a new transmission built and broke the bellhousing, again, after only ten miles of driving. This all happened after I put new motor mounts, trans mounts, new converter, new driveshaft in. Getting really frustrated.

80montecarlo

Dragway Regular
Apr 24, 2008
cloverdale b.c. canada
Woke up yesterday morning to go bleed the brakes on the car wash er and put it on the trailer and noticed a very strong gas smell ](*,) , had to reseal the tank, bleed the brakes again after I noticed a leak. Got all that done and my ground wire to the coil decided it had enough and the coil started arking so I had to rewire that. Got it all running at about midnight last night and too late to load it on the trailer.

On my way outta work in the next 20 mins to load the car and off to the races to work my way into the race of Champions in September here at my home track \:D/ dancin_banana.gif

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i painted those 1/4 mouldings that i primed and sanded the other day.i also prepped the grille for the for the accent color

abigda

Frequent Racer
May 19, 2007
Springfield, MA
Took it to work, decided to make a pretrip before the long one tomorrow

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Locked the front wheels straight with a homemade jig, and straightened out my steering wheel. One of those things I just never got around to doin, changed the secondary spring in carb to see if "bog" goes away. Did some test launching and it seems to be better but I will have to wait till I get to the track on Wed. where I can get some traction. \:D/ \:D/

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts