What did U do to your G-body today??

nowukno

Dragway Regular
Sep 26, 2004
s.california
Installed (mock up) overhead console in my wagon, found a newly covered headliner for the wagon in the bone yard all in one piece with color I wanted for $18 ,will be installing rear cargo area lamp also..
57a4476d.jpg

f9db4f94.jpg

aff4033e.jpg

Bigdawg

Amateur Racer
Dec 2, 2006
chicago
I did the best mod of 2012. Worked on car today went to get a wrench Phone rang. Went picked up phone while doing that my craftsman top and bottom box opened all 16 drawers sumhow falling over on to my 2 week old fresh paint. NOW TOP THAT!!! Lucky for me its a cheap paint job and get fixed easy.

Chevy79bu

Amateur Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Peoria, Illinois
re jet the carb back to stock! I tryed changing jets and the car dident like it

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Tried all freaking day to tune the stumble out of my Edelbrock carb. Really, here is the crappy part I went from the smallest/lean jets & rods to the biggest/rich jets & rods with no real change(with two Edelbrock tuning kits and extra jets!!!!). Tried two different HEI distributors, new plugs, new wires, all the different advance weight springs. Going from part throttle cruise in to power in a roll, nice and smooth...it stumbles!!?! Once the secondaries come in it clears up.

I didn't just go full tilt, I started with base line for electric choke (lean) and tried each set of rods with each jet, ordered the tuning kit for the manual choke (rich/power) and did the same. The accelerator pump shot adjustment does not help because its a roll on, like normal driving. I also tried all the springs, but, those do not seem to make any difference, it has plenty of vacuum, like I hooked up a gauge and drove it to help tune/diagnose the stumble, the lowest number I get is at or above the strongest spring, 8 inches. Its a brand new motor, Buick 350 with small, like smaller than 260* camshaft.

Am I the only one, or does everyone just live with it!!?!

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
I had an Edelbrock carb do the same thing to me. I could adjust the idle mixture screws all the way in or out. At one point I even removed them completely and it had NO effect at all on the engine. Sold that carb and will NEVER buy another one. BTW, it was brand new out of the box. I'm guessing it had a plugged internal passage but wasn't going to mess with it any more. Good luck!

nowukno

Dragway Regular
Sep 26, 2004
s.california
I had the same problem with mines,went with a 2500 stall converter and the problem went away havent had to adjust it since

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
I have had several edelbrock carbs with no problems new and used...

LIVE4RDO

Frequent Racer
Jul 21, 2010
Staten Island, NY
The new engine is all together, made an appointment to dyno it and dialed in the scatter shield today

photo-74.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts