What did U do to your G-body today??

Embryo

Daily Driver
Feb 20, 2013
54165-WI
Chirt said:
Embryo said:
Installed my ceramic coated headers, cut apart a new Pypes exhaust to make it fit well and tig'd it back together, mounted the radials on factory rally's, mounted front MT Sportsman's on 4" narrowed factory rally's. Successful day I say...

Exhaust looks good. Thats next on my list. Got any more pics of the car with the rallys on it? Ive been thinking about looking for a set to mount my street tires on. Thanks

I have a few, none of them outside though. I will post up some later tonight.

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Installed trans brake , new aluminium trans pan and disassembled the rear end. Now shop will stink for a week even after I set up the new gears and close it up tomorrow. curse_sign.gif

Embryo

Daily Driver
Feb 20, 2013
54165-WI
Embryo said:

Here is the only other picture I have. The rears are 15"x7" with 4.25"bs stock rally's using a .250" spacer and a 275/60/ MT Street Radial. The fronts are 15"x4" with 1.5"bs using a 26"x7.5" MT Sportsman's. Front has a 2" drop spindle and the rear has a few coils trimmed but it still an 1" too high with no fuel in the tank.

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117135

lasttime78

Frequent Racer
Mar 7, 2011
Just outside Rochester, New York
Installed new gears and carrier, that I boght from JD RACING. Spent all afternoon installing the carrier in and out and then some more and finally nailed it. Called Jim tonight and found out got to had more shim to drivers side. Thank god for his knowledge.

Chirt

Daily Driver
Jan 15, 2013
Wamego/Manhattan, Ks
Embryo said:
Embryo said:

Here is the only other picture I have. The rears are 15"x7" with 4.25"bs stock rally's using a .250" spacer and a 275/60/ MT Street Radial. The fronts are 15"x4" with 1.5"bs using a 26"x7.5" MT Sportsman's. Front has a 2" drop spindle and the rear has a few coils trimmed but it still an 1" too high with no fuel in the tank.

http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117135

Thanks, that looks good. Kinda helps me make up my mind.

I bought 5 gal of 110 & drove mine around the block with open headers today. First time out of the garage since the end of November.

prostreet66

Dragway Regular
Oct 18, 2008
waterloo iowa
Walked passed it a few times lol

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
Took mine to the gas station. My carb is wayyyyy off but im able to do rolling burnouts :) with 3.08's and 28" tires.

Embryo

Daily Driver
Feb 20, 2013
54165-WI
Doober said:
That exhaust looks really good. The coating flaked off my headers many years ago. What mufflers do you have? I have RacePros on mine and LOVE the sound. I like your exits more though (I have the GN style), is that an option now?

Thanks for the compliments. I am really OCD about how things fit so I was figuring on cutting it apart from the beginning. I think these mufflers are the chambered StreetFlows or whatever comes is the base 2.5" stainless kit. It sounds pretty nice even though the engine is currently a tired 267. That exit on the exhaust isn't a new option, the kit comes with straight tailpipes all the way to the bumper but I reconfigured them to be a bit more subtle. I have never been a fan of twice pipes all the way to the bumper, it looks too much like a farm truck exhaust for me.

Anyways, on the list of accomplishments for me today was installing my new Sony head unit, a set of 4" fronts, and modifying the rear package tray for a set of 6"x9"s. Tomorrow morning's agenda consists of building a MDF package tray insert and covering it with carpet then going through my Accel DFI harness to clean up some unneeded wires.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts