Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
IMG_20130913_203226_zps27e78423.jpg

What exactly is this? Hard to tell.

Bar50

Pro Stocker
Jan 31, 2009
Tulsa, OK
That is a green LED I wired in-line into the brown alt trigger wire, it is what trips the idiot light on your dash...I guess my printed circuit is sketchy, as I took it all apart and replaced all the bulbs and cleaned up the contact points. No "Battery" light to excite the alternator. The CS130 needs to 'sense' a voltage drop to excite and begin charging. The general designed an over-redundant set-up, the largered wire is also supposed to sense voltage drop and trigger the alternator...it doesn't work as well.

phtmbu

Frequent Racer
Jul 24, 2010
Went into the garage looked at it and that was it. Went into the woods in the back of the house and cut,split and stacked another 1/2 cord of wood. Winter is just around the corner up here in the Catskills of N.Y.,going to be in the 30's tonight.

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
Changed oil & filt.went with brad penn oil&kn filt.,worked on Dixie monte carlo top radiator mount and prothane bushings,needs a few mods,tommorow csr throttle linkage bracket and trans temp gauge,

Blue Knight

Frequent Racer
Mar 23, 2012
I am really begining to love this power window switch..

20130914_202732.jpg

for those that wernt paying attention

20130813_194307.jpg

20130910_143427.jpg

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Bar50 said:
That is a green LED I wired in-line into the brown alt trigger wire, it is what trips the idiot light on your dash...I guess my printed circuit is sketchy, as I took it all apart and replaced all the bulbs and cleaned up the contact points. No "Battery" light to excite the alternator. The CS130 needs to 'sense' a voltage drop to excite and begin charging. The general designed an over-redundant set-up, the largered wire is also supposed to sense voltage drop and trigger the alternator...it doesn't work as well.
I got how the alternator worked, had to do the same with mine, luckily the dummy light in mine works.... I just couldn't tell what that was from the pic :)

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
i scratched my head about installing the griffin flat bottomed radiator in the original location,I've gotta find some rubber i think. :-k I'm sure I'll have this thing in&out a few more times before i find a solution I'm ok with.

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Bought some parts for winter upgrades,,,,,,,peaked under the cover and made sure she is still there :lol: :lol: Finally got all the bugs worked out on my sons Cutlass, we were plagued with transmission problems.....would not shift, found some "crud" in the valve body and Governor. Quick test drive last night at 10 p.m. last night,,,,shifted great but "ticked off" my neighbors :lol: :lol: More fine tuning after work/school tonight and some pics and videos to follow..............

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts