What did U do to your G-body today??

rsh4364

Dragway Regular
Aug 12, 2011
greensprings,ohio
I switched from VR-! to brad penn oil recently,thins a bit better,figured the blue wagon was yours 62-64,nice,But what about the 66-67 wagon at 2:16 in your vid,future project maybe? Is ther any vids of your wagon out there? I will never sell Malibu but love those wagons!

zdeckich

Amateur Racer
May 10, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
BENCHSEATRACIN said:
Just a iphone 5 lol
The Wagon is mine too

WHEW 28 degrees! It was like 40 when I was out today,I still have 20-50 VR1 Valvoline in mine,takes a while to lose oil pressure till its good & warm.
rsh4364 said:
Nice vid.You have a helmet camera or what,saw you checking out that other nova wagon!Also took my Malibu for short ride today,28 degrees out,let her warm up to 190 took 20 mins. and as soon as I was rolling she dropped to 140,elect.waterpump no thermostat,nice driving her tho.Sadly shes going into storage sat.or sun.

is that a 64 Chevy II wagon? both cars look great!!

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
oldschool said:
HOLY TERROR-BU said:
GOT THE DUALS PUT ON IN THE BU TODAY!

Just put duels on mine last week... It is a pypes kit, iv'e heard good and bad about them...It was pretty easy to install, but real tight going over the axle...
Love mine :D I was able to disassemble it from the '81 and put it on the '78.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
Doober said:
oldschool said:
HOLY TERROR-BU said:
GOT THE DUALS PUT ON IN THE BU TODAY!

Just put duels on mine last week... It is a pypes kit, iv'e heard good and bad about them...It was pretty easy to install, but real tight going over the axle...
Love mine :D I was able to disassemble it from the '81 and put it on the '78.

Yeah everything went well on install except the over the axles...I got the side exit like a GN but it's close to the control arms and springs...I decided to go this route incase I decided to go turbo, I could sell n ship and so me n my son could do it...It's somewhat a father son project...But I changed my mind on the turbo, it will be a cruiser...

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
I ran Brad Penn back in 09-10 then back to Valvoline.....had great luck with both,Valvoline is cheaper for me so I buy it.
My wagon,(blue car) is a 65 & the the white-ish colored one next street over is a 65 too.

rsh4364 said:
I switched from VR-! to brad penn oil recently,thins a bit better,figured the blue wagon was yours 62-64,nice,But what about the 66-67 wagon at 2:16 in your vid,future project maybe? Is ther any vids of your wagon out there? I will never sell Malibu but love those wagons!

BENCHSEATRACIN

Frequent Racer
the wagon in the far lane is me,the one closer is my buddy's 62....Cecil County Dragway Rising Sun,MD

rear view

rsh4364 said:

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbadbu

Pro Stocker
May 5, 2008
East Hartford
www.facebook.com
Rewired the starter,got the new mini starter in and next step is rebuilding the front end and new brake lines to the proportioning valve..any ideas how to get that thing off with the 2241s on the car? apparently I didnt look at that when I dropped the big block in there.

malicad

Dragway Regular
Dec 8, 2009
South Milwaukee, WI
Took advantage of the 48 degree day, and took the SBC Malibu out on it's longest trip yet, a 15 mile journey to my brother's house. Ran flawlessly. Took my brother out for a ride, and opened her up for the first time. Felt very quick to me, but my bro said he thought it'd have more. He said to pop the hood, take off the air cleaner, and he would have a look. He said first thing he'd do was to verify we had WOT when the gas pedal was floored. COULD NOT BELIEVE MY LINKAGE WAS NOT ADJUSTED RIGHT! MY THROTTLE WAS ONLY ABOUT HALF OPEN!! He looked down the carb, and noticed a dead hornet on the secondary butterflies. (yuck, by the way, lol) Which means the throttle wasn't opening up all the way, and not enough vacuum for the secondaries to open!. All fixed, and what I THOUGHT was quick, turned into going sideways at 30+ MPH when I hammered it. God, I LOVE my Brother!

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts