What did U do to your G-body today??

rodneypierce

Frequent Racer
Oct 9, 2013
Cedar Rapids, IA
oldschool said:
Hey Rodney how much foam was left in the seat? I want to minI tub mine and keep the back seat also...I'm recovering my seats this winter and want to do this before i recover them...I hope i can do it but anyway Could you post a pic of how much foam is left ? Thanks

I can. Its hard to tell even in a picture. There was probably about 1 inch of foam left to cover the rod that I bent around the wheel tub. Not much. And an adult could feel the rod through the foam pretty easily, but with the kids it should be fine.

oldschool

Frequent Racer
Nov 13, 2003
concord, NC
rodneypierce said:
oldschool said:
Hey Rodney how much foam was left in the seat? I want to minI tub mine and keep the back seat also...I'm recovering my seats this winter and want to do this before i recover them...I hope i can do it but anyway Could you post a pic of how much foam is left ? Thanks

I can. Its hard to tell even in a picture. There was probably about 1 inch of foam left to cover the rod that I bent around the wheel tub. Not much. And an adult could feel the rod through the foam pretty easily, but with the kids it should be fine.

Ok thanks, I think I get the picture from your comment...I was just wondering how much was left...I don't think I'll have anybody in the back seat ever, but if i do ill make them sit in the middle...lol I just want the full interior look :)

malibuguy

Top Fueler
Sep 29, 2003
Finksburg, Md
www.cardomain.com
Not today...but a few weeks ago i got the second turbo needed for my next project on the Bu...
10848006_10153358137325278_2970200227965416296_n.jpg

Waiting for it to not completly be nipple fall off cold to take heads off to do up and install the cam and my other goodies. That may be delayed depending on fixing my garage

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
A few days ago something went wrong with the clutch, have yet to look at it, linkage looks fine but the pedal feels almost solid... Not sure if a problem with the throw out or the clutch itself, feels almost like the pressure plate won't release... guess I'm moving up that 4-speed rebuild a little sooner than I expected to.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Darren, I had that same feeling one time in my 69 Le Mans. One of the damper springs came out of the disc and the metal flap that is supposed to retain the spring also fell off.

If the pedal is hard, it is something wrong with the pressure plate or the release bearing is no longer able to move on the front bearing retainer (less likely). The transmission will be unaffected.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I discovered that when I was able to still shift it without using the pedal... helped ease my worries a little, guess it's time to cash in on that lifetime warranty from AutoZone :lol: I don't think I have more than 4000-4500 miles on the clutch, but it's probably 15 years old or more... and the fact the engine makes over 3x what the original engine made doesn't really help either :lol:

Stroked383

Amateur Racer
Dec 28, 2005
St louis Mo
3D printed water pump pulley came back from the printer a few days ago. I had time to mock it up today. What do you guys think?

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts