What did U do to your G-body today??

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
Well, i got it running but not very good. The 20 year old gaskets in my 650 were dried out and all leaked. Also my rear float seems to be out of adjustment, it was flooding the engine badly which is strang cuz the carb came off a running engine 15+ years ago. Also #2 cylinder was not firing. I ran out of time to sort things out. I'm a bit disappointed and don't know when i can get to it again. My wife thinks i should bring the car home but some of the tools are my fathers. Also moving a dead car with a spool in it is a pain in the but and i don't know if my neighbours like a rumbling hotrod even though it has full exhaust out the back.

sleepybu

Weekend Racer
Oct 17, 2021
When i put the gasket set in the carb i'll get a good look inside. Also the fuel pressure mite be a little to high but didn't get a good look a the gauge. As for the spark problem i'll check the resistance of #2 spark plug wire.

Reactions: 78elk

78elk

Dragway Regular
Mar 6, 2014
Mountain Home Id
I started up the 78 Elk again today and it ran great. I also checked the fluids for it and they are full as they are supposed to be. Hope to get it back on the road again tomorrow, to check out the torque converter lockup and see if it's going to work.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts