what paint for plastic inner fenders

notoria23

Daily Driver
Aug 9, 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
I used krylon fusion as well...... going on 5 years now. Make sure you prep them real good first that helps the most

2011-09-28_10-57-23_669.jpg

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
I found that Dupli-color Engine Enamel Low Gloss Black part# DE1634 is almost exactly the correct "sheen" to the factory that alot of my car restoring buddies use. Yes it is in a rattle can but the "sheen" is not to shinny and not to dull like flat black. Most auto stores have it on the shelf. I painted my rearend, trailing arms, sway bars, steering box, brackets, my inner fenders, Rally wheels, under side of my hood. and my cold air elbows, PREP is key to it looking good, I cleaned my inner fenders good and then wet sanded them with 1200 then 1800, wiped real good and sprayed them. Everyone always asked me where I bought new ones from, When I tell them I painted them they are in disbelief! Go buy 1 can and experiment on some old parts, I dont think you will be disappointed! Some pics for you to look at below........... First link is on Summits web site and what the can looks like. Good luck!!!
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SHW-DE1634/?rtype=10
Picture027.jpg

HPIM1531.jpg

HP JUNKEY

Dragway Regular
Oct 30, 2008
Buffalo.NY
Oh Ya, I forgot to add that my firewall and my radiator is also painted with the dupli-color! :lol: :lol:

HEY Shotgun, Notice the wheel cylinder bracket you mentioned in another post laying by my rearend!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

7secondmalibu

Frequent Racer
Jan 14, 2007
Toledo, Ohio
I just used Dupont Imron gloss black. I sand blasted them to give a rough surface for the primer surfacer to stick to. Primer filled them and then sanded them down smooth and shot them with the Imron. Picture doesn't show them the best, but they look like the paint on the outside of the car. Super glossy.

DSC00186.jpg

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Won't the Imron crack like crazy on a flexy part like fender liners?

Tommy

HURACANE

Weekend Racer
Apr 12, 2010
COOPER CITY, FL
first I tried the Krylon Fusion and didnt like the looks of it. It came out to glossy. The I was told to use Wurth trim paint and it works the best and wont flake off and has a perfect satin finish looks like factory.
http://www.autogeek.net/wufltrpa.html
here is a picture with the Wurth trim paint on the inner fenders.
DSC02980.jpg

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!