Wheel Spacers

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Thanks. I think I may just drive my 70 monte to work till I get the wheels and stance straitened out. I am getting billit spacers with the wheels. If the front puts me too far out, I'll just play with the backspacing with washers to get it right, for clearance. No, I won't drive it. Then, I'll take the front spacers/adapters in to the base and have our machinist mill the thickness down to what i need. The only downside to this whole venture is that the front may be too low. It's a good thing I kept the stock spindles. I may end up taking the bell-tech drop spindles off to give me some height back. I also have the MOOG springs, and they lowered the car a good bit.

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Supe Don't have to come out of the end with open lugs for NHRA said:
Thanks, Supe. Been a long time since I went through a straight-line car tech.

Tommy

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
N/P. At the last track rental I went to, there was a Neon in the tech line that had slicks and wheel spacers up front. Couldn't have had more than 3 or 4 threads engaged with a set of acorn lugnuts, no extended shank. hammer_head.gif

Canadian-T-Bone

Dragway Regular
May 25, 2003
Abbotsford,B.C.
I'm running 3" spacers they are 6061 t6 alluminum came with arp studs in them .

915a9cdb.jpg

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
LH8,
I think you scored well on that deal. Did they come with tires, too? I don't blame you for jumpin' on those bad boys...good deal! They should look sharp on your car... I like 'em..
Jack 8)

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Yup, they came with goodyear eagle ZR tires, 245-45-17. They have that 190mph speed rating. He say's they have better than half the tread. I have some pirrelli's in the same size when they wear out. I should see them in the beginning of next week. Then I have to go through the fitment deal. As I said, I think I may have to put the stock spindles back on. It'll still be lowered from the MOOG springs, but I may need he clearance. The 15 inch rallye's that are on there now rub. I could go with a taller spring and keep the bell-tech spindle, but I like the higher spring rate.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
Are these going on the wagon? and what's the backspace on them?...you might have mentioned it before..
jack :?:

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Yeah, gonna put em on the wagon. I like the rallye's on the elcamino. The BS is % inches, so the guys says. He is giving me the 1.5 inch spacers with the studs in em with the wheels. That would give me 3.5 in BS, I would work good for the rear I think with the 245 tire, but I think it'll stick out too far in the front. I may have to get longer studs and use 1/2" spacers in the front. Along with more ride height.

Longroof79

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 10, 2004
Gainesville, Fla.
With the spacer/ adapters thrown into the equation, that makes it an even better deal. I would like to see how they look on your wagon once you get the backspacing and clearance issues resolved.
I think they should look pretty cool. Good luck, and post some pics of the wheels installed.
jack 8)

liquidh8

Pro Stocker
Will do, BTW, the last poast the BS was supposed to say 5 inches. I figured it was a great deal, considering the wheel spacers/adapters on ebay are about 110 bucks.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!