Yes, another Backspacing ?

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
No it won't. You probably won't even get the tire bead to seat. If somehow you do, it will arch the tread, resulting in only the outside edges contacting the pavement. It basically does the same thing as running under inflated. More importantly, it's unsafe to stretch a sidewall that much. One good corner & it's likely to unseat & cause an accident. Leave the dangerous skinny-tire-on-too-wide-of-a-wheel thing for the idiot Ricers. Run the right size wheel...

Tommy

BOWTIEKID

Daily Driver
May 20, 2009
Leitchfield, Kentucky
If that were true all X275 racers would run on an 8" wheel, I wasn't asking your opinion nor did you provide helpful information. I'm well aware of the effects of stretching a tire, my original question was can you put a 10" wheel under a stock Malibu.

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
BOWTIEKID said:
If that were true all X275 racers would run on an 8" wheel, I wasn't asking your opinion nor did you provide helpful information. I'm well aware of the effects of stretching a tire, my original question was can you put a 10" wheel under a stock Malibu.
:roll:don't take it personal Tommy,he's just a kid.aside from popular belief there are folks on here who appreciate information like that.

J@meson

Weekend Racer
Mar 15, 2008
Elizabeth City, NC
BOWTIEKID said:

Where you do come up with this? I am with Tommy, It makes no sense to stretch a 235 on a 10in wide rim, That is a 8.4in tread width on a 10in wide wheel and a 235/60 requires a 6.5-8.5in width wheel. Now running a 15x8 or 15x8.5 you would be safe and ok to run that tire size on the rim and have the rim fit under the back end of your car. A 10in wide rim will not fit under the back end, 9.5 is the biggest and requires massaging.

The funny part would be you stretch a 235/60 on a 10in rim and the track kicks you out/doesn't let you run your car and you wasted the money. We are trying to be helpful and not be Jackass's to you and you get an attitude?

greer_racing

Weekend Racer
Apr 23, 2013
Forget the 10 in wheel and use an 8 like everyone's saying, cheaper, easier to find used, lighter and I agree safer. If you don't wanna notch the frame don't bother playing with those big boys

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
BOWTIEKID said:

X275 racers aren't running 235s. 9 & 10" wheels are OK with 275s.

What I posted wasn't an opinion. It's proven technical fact. If you can't accept what someone says when they're trying to help because it's not what you want to hear, don't ask for help.

Obviously, you're really not aware of the effects of stretching a tire onto too wide of a wheel or you wouldn't have been offended when I said it was dangerous...

I don't post on here to flame people. Just to try to help.

Tommy

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts