388bu's LQ4 swap thread - Its alive!

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Not too much to update really. I have been tinkering with the tune myself a bit and am making some progress, but its not 100% yet thats for sure.

I went in Thursday to get it tuned by SpeedInc, but they couldnt tune it because my O2's werent working. Dont ask me why the tuner needed to use the O2's, but he did. Soooo I started trying to figure out why those werent working and I fixed an issue with the heater circuit. Not sure if the O2's are 100% yet, but they seem better. At this point I just want it tuned in open loop, but Speed cant do that apparently. I am scheduled now for Aug 2nd to go back, but I may just try to find someone else who will tune it in open loop.

This is the only video I have. Its not the greatest, but you can at least hear how it idles. This was when I first got it running and the tune was way off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JJG0AF5BGE

dirtybird

Daily Driver
May 26, 2010
MAN THAT SUCKS. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GOOD NEWS. I'M LIVING THROUGH YOU WHILE I WORK ON MINE. REALLY LIKE YOUR BUILD, KEEPS ME INSPIRED. =D> IF I WOULD NOT HAVE SEEN YOURS I WOULD HAVE SOLD MINE 2 YEARS AGO.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
dirtybird said:
MAN THAT SUCKS. I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME GOOD NEWS. I'M LIVING THROUGH YOU WHILE I WORK ON MINE. REALLY LIKE YOUR BUILD, KEEPS ME INSPIRED. =D> IF I WOULD NOT HAVE SEEN YOURS I WOULD HAVE SOLD MINE 2 YEARS AGO.
Thanks. Glad I could I help keep you motivated!

So I got the o2's working pretty decent while cruising so I now have it running in closed loop and it runs quite a bit better now. Got my idle a bit more under control...the only thing now is it will want to die occasionally when putting the clutch in coming to a stop. Just a blip of the throttle fixes that.

Found someone else to tune it also. Sounds like this guy really knows his sh*t! He wasnt surprised when I explained the symptoms and says he should be able to get it squared away. I drop the car off with him on the 26th and should have it back the 28th. dancin_banana.gif

Once thats done, this is next:

13inchweb.jpg

dirtybird

Daily Driver
May 26, 2010
THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING BOUT DAAAAWWWWGGG!!!!!!!!!! party_dance.gif MAN YOU KEEP RAISING THE BAR. =D>

StreetBu

MalibuRacing Junkie
Mar 21, 2004
Upstate NY
Craig, only thing I can say is I'm jealous :)

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
I'm curious seeing as your up in Crystal Lake... What ever happened to that 6.0 you replaced with the LS7... :)

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts