be afraid... kind of afraid

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Very cool :D I think the hardest part will be picking the right turbo for your application. I'm more of a street/driver type so I probably would pick mine to hit peak efficiency by 5-6k. I have a pdf on turbocharging by Corky Bell I can email, I'm not sure who wrote the turbo book you have.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Turbo setups on LS engines have gotten really popular lately, or at least around here in my neck of the woods lol.
Good friend of mine just built a 99 Z with a 80mm turbo setup that's nothing short of amazing. He made like 96x rwhp on like 16lbs with a stock bottom end LS2 and ported 853 heads, it's insane.

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
heres the first pic... got my rear axle. now i just need to make up my mind on what to build. moreso, i need to figure out what years i want the parts from

IMG_9993.jpg

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
The 6.0 is still a pig on gas. Factor in stall converter and a decent set of gears and its nothing to brag about

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
picking up the new backing plates later today, then i get to start cleaning the rear end, and paint it. still searching for a motor/trans/turbos and the funds to do all this... did i mention im looking for a house right now too?

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
MISFITmalibu63 said:
picking up the new backing plates later today, then i get to start cleaning the rear end, and paint it. still searching for a motor/trans/turbos and the funds to do all this... did i mention im looking for a house right now too?
You sound like me, looking for a house and I've got two cars I want to play with. Need a paint job and drive train on one and want to turbo the other :roll:
Jess

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
found a 2002 silverado, 5.3/4l60E 62,000 miles... the guy is parting it out, the trans needs a rebuild. still on the fence, but it may make its way into my garage

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts