BRP LSx swap kit for g-bodies

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
A little contradictry, I'd say

"This kit is for the G-body 1978-1981 Monte Carlo, the kit includes LS1 style motor mounts ether the automatic 4l60E/700r4 or T-56 6 speed cross member, frame mounts and trans mount. This is the only way to fit a LS engine in this body style G-body this is a unique frame and the LS engine will fir in only one location. The engine will clear the A/C and the alternator in the stock location with out trimming to the frame. With the 98-02 F-body oil pan this engine will install but will require notching of the K member to clear the oil pan.

I'm missing what's so great about this "kit"...sounds to me like the truck pan is still the way to go, since it apparently fits without whacking on the frame. Hangs low, but supposedly there is a new pan with better clearance.

ONLY way :roll:

I guess somebody better tell the hundreds of others that have done it that they didn't do it.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
HarrisonTX said:
nearly $500? you gotta be outa your mind. I would rather do it myself than to pay that much.
then again i dont have to worry about it clearing anything but the crossmember.

Been doing some parts perusin' and came across Year One's kit... $642.00 for their kit (PN BG984) :shock: I'll probably go with a set of shorty headers if any (starting to contemplate a turbo :twisted:) with my project.

A

Anonymous

Ribbedroof said:
86SS86LS said:
Anyone know how this kit works without modifying the f-body pan?

It doesn't.

Then what's the big deal with this kit? Why not buy the $40 ebay adapters and the $150 iceman 4L60E crossmember and save $300.

T5MalibuWagon

Dragway Regular
Sep 27, 2004
Fort Worthless TEXAS!
Ribbedroof said:
A little contradictry, I'd say

"This kit is for the G-body 1978-1981 Monte Carlo, the kit includes LS1 style motor mounts ether the automatic 4l60E/700r4 or T-56 6 speed cross member, frame mounts and trans mount. This is the only way to fit a LS engine in this body style G-body this is a unique frame and the LS engine will fir in only one location. The engine will clear the A/C and the alternator in the stock location with out trimming to the frame. With the 98-02 F-body oil pan this engine will install but will require notching of the K member to clear the oil pan.

I'm missing what's so great about this "kit"...sounds to me like the truck pan is still the way to go, since it apparently fits without whacking on the frame. Hangs low, but supposedly there is a new pan with better clearance.

ONLY way :roll:

I guess somebody better tell the hundreds of others that have done it that they didn't do it.

Only way, lmfao

Ribbedroof

Top Fueler
Sep 14, 2004
Rural Oklahoma
86SS86LS said:
Ribbedroof said:
86SS86LS said:
Anyone know how this kit works without modifying the f-body pan?

It doesn't.

Then what's the big deal with this kit? Why not buy the $40 ebay adapters and the $150 iceman 4L60E crossmember and save $300.

Exactly

But some people like to buy "kits"

Actually, I was wrong, it will install with the stock pan, if you cut up the engine crossmember. I prefer to leave the structural parts of my car intact, thank you.

I'm with you, buy the plates, and whatever aftermarket crossmember you need (or Crown Vic), and save a bunch of $$$

jerrycad472

Daily Driver
Jan 28, 2008
Grosse Ile, MI
I used the John Bzdel Engine mounts with his modified F-Body Pan and a G-Force Cross Member. It now looks like you can use the CTS Pan. I am going to try the Hooker A-Body LSX Swap headers, It looks like they will work with little modification.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts