Converting wiper switch from dash to stalk

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
Hi Guys I am trying this swap myself I am trying to go from non delay to delay,there are 2 extra wires coming from the stalk verses the old dash switch, 1 being green which I'm told goes to the green on the delay motor and 1 white which I haven't figured out yet as I can't find my multimeter ?anyone know where the white wire goes?I don't have the pigtail from the new column or access to a newer year car to trace the white wire? napa sells a relay for the delay but not sure if it will work with the new motor I have or if it's for an older delay motor?`

78_Elky

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2005
Oregon
smlblk78.onlineshowoff.com
From what I remember the best thing you can do is just look up all the parts that came from the factory with the delay and if you don't have it get it. My dad went from no dealy to delay on his vette and it was a lot more involved in that then our G-bodies but when he tried to skip a part or jsut jumper something it wouldn't work. I would jsut say get all the parts together and also make sure you don't need a control box also I know his 81 vette did and without it, the damn thing jsut didn't work at all
-Josh

unclepudge

Frequent Racer
Apr 17, 2006
CT
ok I found the meter and now I tried to ground the black wire and touch each of the wires from the stalk individually while operating the switch with nothing changing? it was in the ohm position and then I tried to touch the red wire to my fuse panel and the black to each of the wires on the car side and I get grey wire +12 volts,Pink 1.82 volts,black +12 volts,purple 1.82 and green 9.8 volts? was that the right way to test the stalk or am I supposed to check certain wires against each other.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts