Decisions, decisions...

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
I think ive decided on strictly NA. I read an interesting post on ls1tech.com called "The real cost of boost" or something like that. I think a supercharger is over my budget honestly.

I talked with SpeedInc today about putting together a LS3 based 427. Im probably heading down there Saturday to hash out the specifics and if im feeling crazy enough, placing an order.

Im stuck at the moment between sticking with a nice cathedral port like Trick flows or making the switch over to rectangular ports(L92's). Im leaning towards making the switch. So that means new intake, etc. The LS6 intake will definitely be hurting the performance on a 427.

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
Gopherit! :twisted:

blubaldmontess

Dragway Regular
Oct 3, 2005
Clarksville, TN
If you take off the top end, the ls6 stuff, intake/injectors, all that stuff, lemme know a price, as I've been trying to get rid of my ugly truck intake fora while ;)

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
blubaldmontess said:
If you take off the top end, the ls6 stuff, intake/injectors, all that stuff, lemme know a price, as I've been trying to get rid of my ugly truck intake fora while ;)

Will do. My buddy has already claimed dibs on it, but im guessing he might not have the extra cash for it once his swap is done. If it becomes available, ill let ya know.

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
Doober said:
Did you see the FAST/Retrotek thread? I'm not even sure it's worth considering since you have all the wiring already done, but for someone like me I'd be game, 'cause I don't even have an LS motor (yet) :D

Yeah I saw that. Sounds interesting but I wouldnt be interested in that. Curious to see how it performs in the real world.

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
Craig,
Matt told me you were upgrading...Been a while since we last talked. I haven't been on MR in months.

I've got a little something something for the Vette here in a couple of weeks! :D

Hope things are well and you're staying warm.

Catch ya later,
Barry

388bu

Top Fueler
May 27, 2003
Huntley, il
www.shiftn6.com
basketcase said:
Craig,
Matt told me you were upgrading...Been a while since we last talked. I haven't been on MR in months.

I've got a little something something for the Vette here in a couple of weeks! :D

Catch ya later,
Barry
Yo Barry! Good to see you're still alive! :)

Whats goin down with the Vette!?!?

basketcase

MalibuRacing Junkie
Jul 9, 2003
Stockton, CA
www.jackstandracing.com
388bu said:
basketcase said:
Craig,

Catch ya later,
Barry
Yo Barry! Good to see you're still alive! :)

Whats goin down with the Vette!?!?

BOOST! dancin_banana.gif

kyhunter89

Dragway Regular
Mar 7, 2008
Kentucky
im guessing rear mount on the vette?

if you can fab and tune turbos are the trick. it's facing a steep learning curve if not. a bu is light and will sound better na thou

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts