Drag car wiring has been gutted

miltbur

Weekend Racer
Mar 3, 2010
Trying to find out about how much it would cost me to get a 79 malibu rewired. Guy was racing the car and all wiring has been gutted. Car is solid with lots of goodies and a great price. Just trying to see if it would be worth it after getting it rewired? Stock dash is there but car has been gutted. Thanks for your input.

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
If you are putting it on the street, try to find a car at the junk yard that isn't cut up too bad. Spend a few hours taking the wiring harnesses out of it and transfer them into your car.

Sikmalibu

Dragway Regular
Apr 2, 2008
Central NJ
Buy a painless setup and start all over with something nice.

tiedyemike8

Frequent Racer
Oct 28, 2009
Naperville, IL
Sikmalibu said:
Buy a painless setup and start all over with something nice.

Painless = $$$

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
where are you located? i do that kind of work on the side. my normal job is as a mechanic for ups.

miltbur

Weekend Racer
Mar 3, 2010
Thanks Guys Im looking to go strip car but will drive on the street a little on some nights.

highrpms

Amateur Racer
Aug 20, 2007
Springfield,Mo
My car was the same as yours when I picked it up and had to go to a local bone yard and was able to pull a complete wiring harness for the whole car from a 84 malibu wagon (everything works now) and I only gave $50 for the whole thing since I removed it all (they said they would have but wouldnt make any cash off the deal due to the labor of removing it, plus that way I could lable and have an idea where things go) also look on e-bay and you might be able to score a gm shop manuel on wiring (I got one for all GM's in 1979 and it helped alot! cause the guy had things backwards and crossed like nobodys business) I'm no wiring pro but when you start all over (remove all old) and read and i.d. whats what its pretty easy to fallow

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts