Dual Exhaust Question

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
I had Edelbrock TES before I installed the Hedmans, so I reused the sleeve provided in the kit. The sleeve length would be the thickness of the exhaust manifold minus the thickness of the header flange minus the thickness of the compressed header gasket.

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
It may be cleaner to use a tube spacer as is used with the Edelbrock TES.

A 1.530-inch spacer sits between the header flange and the bracket that connects to the back of the PS pump and has a hole at the top for the vapor canister tubing.

If that bracket doesn't fit around your header tube, you have some room to open the arc up to fit the tube. You could also trim that bracket and only use the front bolt.

In this video, you can see the bracket after I cut some of it down, but it still straddles the TES header.

I trimmed my bracket down as you can see in this video, at about 1:18, because it did not fit around the Hedman tube.

In both cases, I am still using the 1.530-inch long tube sleeve from the TES kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

t5montecarlo

MalibuRacing Junkie
Oct 21, 2007
Lederach, PA
garage-scene.com
Now I understand what you have. You need a tube spacer and the same bolt that was used to mount the manifold. Be careful with the tube length as it will affect the power steering pulley alignment if too short or too long.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts