Improved geometry centerlink

James Bond

Dragway Regular
Dec 26, 2005
Earth
Just got the new centerlink. I should install it this weekend and see how the bump works out. Heres a pic.

imagekzi.jpg

hammertime461

May 6, 2009
Watching with interest, as I seem to have the same problems. I have 80 model, 383 engine, 12 bolt. Just finished replacing rear bushings (Hotchkiss lowers, Edelbrock adjustable uppers). Video shows major change in front geometry when launching, other local Bu owners say add bump steer kit. Car wants to get very evil when letting off gas, trying to tighten up all suspension. Bu is new to me, last car was backhalved Nova w/ladder bar, this is all different so going through learning process. Also, can anyone tell me if there is difference on front control arms (mine are still stock) that would cause the wheelbase to show shorter on left side (about 1/2") - I can find nothing else that would explain this, but have been told that upper left front control arm is different dimension than the right. (????) I looked at the frame dimension sheets elsewhere on this site, and it appears that the upper arms sit differently from side to side. BTW, this car is mostly a dragger, but sees some street use. Any thoughts or advice appreciated, and will continue to follow things here. Thanks in advance.... Rick

Nice find! I have wanting to make mine adjustable, but this seems like a much easier out! The again, I have to get all the road race type suspension under the Buick before I worry about the bumpsteer, lol

Any opinions on this? Figured I'd bump the thread since I have been looking at the suspension parts for the wagon.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts