Lets put a 4.3 in my Isuzu Rodeo,,,, shall we??

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
The body is good shape, I hope to get some time to get some pics this weekend, matty man 8)

LS6 Tommy

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 15, 2004
North Jersey
Are you intending to swap the rear end, too? Those Isuzu rears aren't the beefiest. They used to go pretty regularly with the stock engines...

Tommy

327mali

Amateur Racer
Aug 8, 2009
ocean county,new jersey
matty man said:
The engine & transmission is the Isuzu 3.1 & 4 speed overdrive, which both need work. The transmission for the 3rd time and the timing componenets just took a dump and thats 500.00 just for the timing parts, 2500.00 for another transmission redo, the V-6 block is a 95 st`d bore, I honed the walls and installed the cam bearings, the crank was reground 010/.25mm , 1 rod had to be recondtioned and the heads are in the hot tank now getting cleaned. I hope to do everything for 1000.00 to 1500.00, I have a 90 4L60 transmission that was in good working order and going in. I just have to fab up brackets, lines, fuel system, cruise control, speed-o, driveshaft, electrical thats all :roll: :roll: Hopefully will be & running by the end of September,, hopefully,, matty man 8)

jfc where is your trans shop at. me and my father own a trans shop, we wouldnt charge anything over 1400$ for that trans, its even a 2wd which is easier

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
LS6 Tommy said:
Are you intending to swap the rear end, too? Those Isuzu rears aren't the beefiest. They used to go pretty regularly with the stock engines...

Tommy

Well that didnt make my night, the rear looks like a beefy unit, I have not opened the back cover yet but for a stock 4.3 I hope it is fine,, I hope, its a 4 link set up,, lets hope so,,

jfc where is your trans shop at. me and my father own a trans shop, we wouldnt charge anything over 1400$ for that trans, its even a 2wd which is easier,,
327-- We live in Columbus Ohio home of the Buckeyes dancin_banana.gif , a quick history of the rebuilds, the 1st, she lived in Ft Lauderdale Fla at the time and a trans shop rebuilt it, low fluid level due the crap-tack-u-lor way of adding/draing in the Rodeo`s fluids. They did everything BUT replace the converter ](*,) ](*,) and the FOD floating around destroyed the transmission in about a 1 plus a few months, he did it again and now its acting up again, slipping and the local shop quoted the price of 2500.00 which was the cheapest around here anyway. To bad your not closer,, but the engine needs work as well, timing componets another 500.00,, so the 4.3 is my next best deal.

Now what about the distribtor gear, since I am running a factory roller cam shaft, do I need a bronze gear?? Thanks for all the info & good ideas, pics a comin` tomorrow, Thanks matty man 8)

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
I don't know about the distributor, but I agree that $2500 is pricey. One of the shops that used to be around here (not sure if they're still around, Multistate Transmission) did mine as a carry-in unit for $450, 12mo./12,000mi. warranty.

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
The motor is in, I will remember to take the camera tomorrow, the motor sits a little low right now, I am going to put 1.5 extensions on the motor mounts,, pics a comin`, I am using the Isuzu mounts right now and once I get the engine set side to side & square I will fab a transmission mount, Matty man 8)

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Well its time to get the ball rollin` again,, the motor is done, I have the pain less wiring kit for the 4L60 lock up and the electric fuel pump relay and it looks like I can use the Isuzu alternator and fab up some support brackets,, I have been cleaning the pole barn for 15 days now and it needed it,, and now it`s time to get this thing fired up,, I hopefully will get pics this week,, with my mom in law and daughter getting sick its been a chore to get out to the pole barn,, fire in the hole soon,, matty man

matty man

Dragway Regular
Jun 1, 2003
Grove City , Ohio
Some pics of the swap,,

1005599.jpg

1005598.jpg

1005596.jpg

The rewire for the lock up converter

I have to redo the motor mounts this weekend coming up,, did not work out the way I wanted it to,, I will get some pics of taht,, Matty man 8)

Brown_Gbody

Top Fueler
Feb 17, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Keep pushin on it, you'll get it done...So far it looks like your doin it right..

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!