Lets see some engine pics

Supe

MalibuRacing Junkie
May 21, 2003
Charlotte, NC
Jackstand said:
Supe said:
Just a little sneak peek. That shaft setup costs almost what I bought the car for 9 years ago :shock:

Resize001.jpg

looks good but what do we got going on with coolant lines on the intake [-X

lol, I just noticed this post. That's how it was when I got it! I'll get it taken care of eventually. Definitely no air bubbles when filling through that thing though! :lol:

I just want to get the frickin' thing up and running.

79Maliboo

Frequent Racer
Mar 11, 2010
Mount Laurel, NJ
I just picked up my 79 a couple days ago. The previous owner made a nice bubba job of the car now I get to fix it. Here's what it looks like now and my unassembled 400 that is going in it.

engine1.jpg

engine1-2.jpg

engine2.jpg

afr1.jpg

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
looks good but please tell me you not keeping that rubber fuel hose.

joye227

Amateur Racer
Jan 12, 2010
Florence, South Carolina
For right now I am. It is 3/8 fuel injection hose with the blue lining on the inside. I have not made my way to AN and steel braided hoses yet. I really need to step up to those. Thanx.

3xBrowncutty

Amateur Racer
Jun 21, 2009
Erie, Pa
I know this isn't your guys' cup of tea, but i figured id post it up anyways...
IMG_2783.jpg

I still have some detail work to do like painting the booster and running some convoluted tubing. The last thing is a nice set of chrome valve covers I'm gonna pick up real soon. They have no script or anything stamped into them, I wanted to keep a real clean look under there.

81Elky

Frequent Racer
Apr 2, 2008
Indianapolis
whats wrong with rubber fuel hose?

blown 78

Dragway Regular
Dec 10, 2007
South Portland, Maine
Its nice to see someone running an olds motor. And slimbo is there any issues with the rubber line? You seem to know your stuff so id be intrested on hearing the cons of it

slimbo

May 21, 2007
www.yellowbullet.com
i dont like rubber hose. its prone to breakage and can melt. with the way his setup is done it wouldnt take much to make it all braided line. there is a reason the nhra only allows 12 inches total. plus that filter should not be in the line beetween the pump and regulator. should really be before the pump.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts