Lets see some engine pics

Doober

Jun 2, 2003
Catalina, AZ
www.cardomain.com
cttandy said:
Holy massive air cleaner batman

If doober can post engine pics from his truck, I figure so can I. Picked this breather up at the swap meet today. New for $20, sounds like a winner to me. The lid is upside down because the rod is about 1/2 inch too short. I will probably be painting it crinkle black any way so I don't really care.

If you notice, I shortened the factory breather hose and installed it to the fitting on the bottom of the new air cleaner

CrossPlains-20110206-00236.jpg

For give all the dust on the engine. I just got the truck back from the body shop.

I have the wire looms, haven't installed them yet.
If you ever put a set of headers on, I might suggest some Taylor pkug wires. I don't have the part # off the top of my head, but they were a good price (under $30-40 iirc) and fit under he headers I have nicely.

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009
Springfield, Tn
Doober said:
cttandy said:
Holy massive air cleaner batman

If doober can post engine pics from his truck, I figure so can I. Picked this breather up at the swap meet today. New for $20, sounds like a winner to me. The lid is upside down because the rod is about 1/2 inch too short. I will probably be painting it crinkle black any way so I don't really care.

If you notice, I shortened the factory breather hose and installed it to the fitting on the bottom of the new air cleaner

CrossPlains-20110206-00236.jpg

For give all the dust on the engine. I just got the truck back from the body shop.

I have the wire looms, haven't installed them yet.
If you ever put a set of headers on, I might suggest some Taylor pkug wires. I don't have the part # off the top of my head, but they were a good price (under $30-40 iirc) and fit under he headers I have nicely.

Headers on are the way now actually. For now I am going to buy the little heat covers for the plug wires I have. They are all right angle and should be out of the way of the headers. I have started installing my wire looms since this picture as well.

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
is that a quickfuel carb and if so did you paint the body and bowls? looks good!

SLICK78

Dragway Regular
Aug 1, 2009
La Porte, Tx
oh with the red anodized metering block and base plate it looked like my quickfuel carb

Scorps

MalibuRacing Junkie
Sep 29, 2007
Kingston, Ontario
check out my dust collection, not bad for a cell phone cam.

malibu_128.jpg

edit, oh thats a big pic

tuck

Feb 4, 2011
355 in the Bu
bu4.jpg

468 in the GP
041.jpg

068.jpg

cttandy

Pro Stocker
Mar 9, 2009