LQ4 with LS6 intake

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
thanks for that info. The LS6 intake that's on the way comes with rails but not injectors so I'll have a better idea once the two intakes/fuel rails are side by side. Depending on what I decide for a build up, might need different injectors anyways....many things to think about.

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
I have another question...what sensors (TPS) do I use, the one for the ls6 or the one for the truck intake. I'm using the truck harness/computer if that makes a differance

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
The TPS and IAC won't be affected. You will need to use the LS6 MAP sensor though. The car and truck sensors have the same connector.

LT1_Malibu

Amateur Racer
Jan 19, 2006
Greenup, Kentucky
Not sure if it applies to you but the truck harness and LS1/6 sensors differ a little. The oil sending unit is defiantly different and I'm pretty sure the water temp. sensor is different as well, but like mentioned the TPS, IAC, and crank/cam plug-ins are the same.

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
LT1_Malibu said:
Not sure if it applies to you but the truck harness and LS1/6 sensors differ a little. The oil sending unit is defiantly different and I'm pretty sure the water temp. sensor is different as well, but like mentioned the TPS, IAC, and crank/cam plug-ins are the same.

The only LS6 part I'm using is the intake. The rest of the engine is the truck LQ4 and matching harness and computer. I just wasn't sure about the TPS and IAC. I'll use the truck ones for that.

dns87

Daily Driver
Apr 26, 2006
Ontario, Canada
What about the MAP sensor...the LS6 intake I got doesn't have one and the "complete LQ4" engine I got didn't have one either. Seeing as I have to buy one, what do I get, the car one or the truck one or do I go aftermarket?

Any suggestions?

79loserbluebu

Frequent Racer
Jun 15, 2009
Illinois-60491
Get the car one. The truck one won't fit unless you try and hack something up. Seeing as you need one anyways get one for an 023' Z06.

For the other sensors it depends on what harness you are using. I looked up the sensors for an 02' Silverado with a 5.3 vs an 02' Camaro with a 5.7, and both the oil and coolant sensors are the same part numbers.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts