mini spool on the street

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
x2!i did that years ago and it was excellent.i couldn't set up a posi, it worked good in my 7.5

melloelky

Top Fueler
Jul 1, 2009
mass
that's true,but i'm not trying to put a spool in one either.the loc rite is good bang for your low buck.it doesn't grow on trees around here

HarrisonTX

Top Fueler
Jul 11, 2003
Burleson TX
There is nothing wrong with a spool on the street. I've ran mine for 2 years like that. Sure it chirps a little bit, most notably on smooth concrete at a filling station. I don't see how or why people say they are difficult, or produce bad street manners. It's a 100% predictable rear end. I would avoid driving if it's anywhere near damp, but I did get stuck in the rain and drove an hour on the freeway in a down pour and didn't have a single incident.

I've bolted on my M/T ET Streets and roamed around with a spool and slicks countless times.

cutlass389

Frequent Racer
Feb 2, 2009
NC
Can tell ya' from experience that a MINI spool on the street will not last long. Beyond chirping, the turning will "work" and "chew" on the blocks and round them over. I did this in my early career and after one season of limited driving I opened it up and saw the blocks were SEVERLY worn ie: the corners were rounded and ready to let go at any time. I was just lucky I caught it in time.

grizwald

Top Fueler
Feb 21, 2008
Ontario, Canada
^my mini spool was the same way. the blocks and side pieces were all twisted. i found them before THAT became a problem (found them after breaking an axle, and having to take the rearend apart to assess the damage...lol).

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts