New Floorpans installed - 2/8/10

westexun

Frequent Racer
Dec 27, 2008
Don't forget to put down some good epoxy or self etch primer and seam seal both sides of the welds with a good two part seam sealer. She shouldn't ever rust again that way. I'm thinking maybe I should snag a few good rust free g bodys from around here. Seems they're getting harder and harder to find.

80 MICH BU

Dragway Regular
Oct 26, 2004
Northern Michigan
Looks great! Doober take notes! J/K

1982 SS

Frequent Racer
Jan 19, 2007
Clearfield, Utah
I agree with picking up a couple of clean g-bodies! between my dad and me we have 6 g-bodies, 4 El caminos (79 gmc Daiblo, my 82 and an 85 and 86 that are waiting for their turn to be worked with), my 85 regal and my mom drives an 81 monte. If i had room and money, i would love to pick up a few more and keep for parts or projects. They are getting harder to find and I've watched the price go up about a thousand or two for good ones around here... glad i picked my two up when i did!

zdeckich

Amateur Racer
May 10, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
i know this is a older thread but what does somthing like that to have someone install the floor pans cost?

MalibuRacing

Top Fueler
May 5, 2003
www.maliburacing.com
It was EXPENSIVE. I can't remember the exact number, but I'm wanting to say the guy charged $1800. You could get it done much cheaper, I'm sure. I made the mistake of letting the body shop do it without giving me a firm quote. He said he would "give me a good deal". Boy, was I shocked when I went to pick up the car. But, it is a LOT of work. If you don't feel comfortable doing it yourself, find someone that does body work on the side that you can trust.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!