Nitrous questions

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
Its a new section and thought if anyone had some nitrous questions I would do my best to try and help. :D

MISFITmalibu63

MalibuRacing Junkie
Feb 21, 2004
The Sticks... Tewksbury MA
Cutlass Steve said:
How much timing do you take let saay with a

i'v been told to take 2 degrees out for every 50

crd89stang

Dragway Regular
Jun 19, 2005
attleboro ma
nitrous

any rocomendations for a fuel system would like to keep single system perferbly mechanical was looking at a 170 carter i have a bbc with performer rpm intake and cam with large ovals with big valves gasket matching 10.1 compression most spray with hyper pistons i was thinking 150 would like to do 200 but am a little nervouse like to see soe one elses thoughts

Cutlass Steve

Frequent Racer
Feb 5, 2007
Detroit , Mi
That 2 degreese is that the safe way. Like when you open that new system
Just want to know what other people are doing with there timing

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
Cutlass Steve said:
How much timing do you take let saay with a

IMO 2 per 50 is a bit much but a decent starting point. You will need to read the plugs immediately after a shut down pass to determine what your application likes. We usually dont pull any timing on a 150 and 2 degree's on 200.

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
Griswald said:
Does nitrous go boom? 8)

Only when you least ecpect it. :shock:

BottleBaby Bu

Dragway Regular
Dec 17, 2004
Houston, Texas
www.Houstonhotrods.net
Re: nitrous

crd89stang said:
any rocomendations for a fuel system would like to keep single system perferbly mechanical was looking at a 170 carter i have a bbc with performer rpm intake and cam with large ovals with big valves gasket matching 10.1 compression most spray with hyper pistons i was thinking 150 would like to do 200 but am a little nervouse like to see soe one elses thoughts

Spraying the hyper pistons seems more dangerous to me than cast. But you should be able to spray them 150 safely, if you whatch things carefully 200 would probably work too.

On the fuel system make sure and use a seperate regulator for the nitrous and for the motor. You will need differnt fuel pressures for the nitrous and the motor. You will also need a fuel flow gauge for the nitrous fuel to do it right. That bbc will love the nitrous.

DFWMalibu

Dragway Regular
Dec 15, 2006
Dallas,Tx
I have run 175 shot with hypers...... with some bad conditions too. like a full size p/u and lost second gear and lugged it on the juice and it didn't burp. I wasn't happy about it but like I said no problems.

Chris K.

MalibuRacing.com Gear

Stickers & Shirts!!

Latest posts